Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shabbos Mode for Kitchen Aid Oven

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:18 pm
We recently moved into a new apartment and the landlord told me that the overn has a Sabbath mode on it. I just cannot figure out how to work it from her instructions. I hit cancel, then 7, 8, 9, 6 and press start. Sab comes up but the oven is off. How do I get it to be on and stay on at a certain temperature. I feel stupid calling her and asking. Does any mother have a kitchen aid oven who can help walk me through this. TIA!

mommyof5

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:32 pm
I have an old kitchenaid oven so not sure all is the same but worth a try. The way I get to Sabbath mode is to press the bake and broil keys together. Then I click the ‘delay start’ button until I see ‘Sab bath’ and then I hit start. Then a backward C appears. At that point the Shabbos mode is on and you can set your oven. For my Shabbos mode - only the regular bake works - not the convection bake. Press your bake button and then the temperature and ‘Start’. After a minute or 2 - Two C will appear - one forward and one backward. This means the oven is on - but since it is on Shabbos mode - you don’t see the temperature. To shut off - you can either do use your ‘cook time’ mode and set a timer - or you press clear off. To get it out of Shabbos mode - I press the bake and broil buttons again and then delay start until I see the words ‘no shutdown’ and then hit start. I hope this helps!

nicole81

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 1:44 pm
I have a kitchenaid oven but it sounds nothing like yours. You need to look inside the oven to find the model number and then google the user manual. That should find you the info you need.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 4:50 pm
Yes, google for the manual. Then normally you set temperature and mode first and after that turn on Shabbos mode.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen