Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Azure

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 7:34 pm
TSWfighter@gmail.com

Zeleze

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 11:40 am
Have heard thqat going to the Swiss Alps, might help, and some even for a few years

Does anyone have information or more details?

zgp

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 1:53 pm
For those of you who suggested things thanks a million! boruch Hashem we have a solution - he is allergic to tap water however ridiculous it sounds. We have stopped all treatment and as long as his skin doesnt get wet, he is fine.

With this we have also solved his terrible reflux - as long as neither he nor I drink tap water, he doesn't spit up at all.

I am washing him once a week only (the dermatologists told me twice a day!!! no wonder his skin was so bad!) with boiled and cooled water and it flares up for a few hours afterwards and then subsides. The rest of the time I clean him with baby oil and tissues and he has started growing and developing (he was putting on weight but not growing taller and at nine months not even rolling over) so bH we are really grateful. He doesn't need any creams at all and he has started sleeping more than an hour at a time.

Just want to say, people keep posting anti steroid posts - this was nothing at all to do with steroids!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 1:59 pm
Awesome OP. So happy for you!

Water allergies (or allergies to the additives) is a very rare allergy. So happy you figured it out!

And I am the person who keeps posting about steroids. And I will continue to do so, because steroid-induced rashes are rampant and people deserve to have the information in case they need. I am THRILLED when the info doesn't help them because it turns out to be something else.

But the majority of times, steroids are the reason for the rashes.

And no, I am NOT anti steroids. I am anti bad medical training.

Steroids are a powerful drug that can be used safely, but the vast majority of doctors do not know how to safely use them, and therefore, many people are suffering. Many, many people.

And if you were to see the babies that look like burn victims that I know, you would understand why I will continue posting again and again and again.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 2:05 pm
BTW do you know what it is in the tap water that is causing the dermatitis? There are many additives in tap water.

zgp

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 5:39 pm
no idea. My doctor won't do any kind of allergy testing until age 2 because he says the immune system isn't developed enough to give accurate answers.

I am just so happy to have found a solution. He had huge purple burn like shiny patches all over him, oozing green stuff really disgusting and so uncomfortable! we tried almost every cream under the sun and nothing helped. bH now he is so happy

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 5:43 pm
My son had a terrible case of eczema.

As soon as we installed a water softener and filter for the entire house it disappeared like magic!

Would never believe it until I saw it with my own eyes. Couldn’t believe that after everything we tried the solution was so simple.

I can’t stop thanking Hashem!!!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 10:57 pm
You might want to try this to make him feel and smell more comfortable. Of course, you have to see if he can tolerate it, but their website says it is okay for sensitive skin. It does contain water, but he might be able tolerate it in this form. I dunno.

https://drybathgel.com/

Here is the story behind it:

https://www.ted.com/talks/ludw.....water

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 21 2018, 1:12 am
Does anyone know where I can get a fragrance free detergent in Israel?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics