Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The more virtual we get, the more real we become

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:24 pm
As the world hurtles towards the day when Hashem will be One and His Name will be One, I'm reflecting upon the fact of the increased virtualization of I and everyone's world.

And I've been thinking about death. And Olam HaBa.

We are told that sleep is one sixtieth of death. We are told that dreams are not "real". But what is real?

This reality was created by the vibrations of Hashem's words. It is it only existing by the word and will of Hashem. It is not reality. It is a mere illusion.

Hashem in His infinite kindness is revealing to us oh so gradually the unrealness of this world. And by this process we start to perceive the tiniest glimpses of realness of Him. The words I am typing now. I have no quill. No ink. No typewriter. No printer. No keyboard. I have a picture of letters on my screen, they make a image of letters on yours. On the other side of the world. And multiple, almost infinite times.

I speak to my friend on the telephone. Where she is the sun is dark. Where I am it is shining. I hear her disembodied voice from 12 thousand miles away. But she speaks words of Torah and the words are Emet and Real.

I can be more myself in the virtual world, because I can perceive the other person's essence more clearly. And they can perceive mine. They are not distracted by my clumsy appearance, my body fat , my unreality. It is easier for them to connect to my soul, and I to theirs.

I thank Hashem that He had taken nearly all of my friends and put them on the other side of the world, so the gashmious of life doesn't interfere with the connection.

We think of our world as a planet spinning along with other planets around a sun. And this model is expressed throughout the universe in bigger and smaller examples. From rotating galaxies to protons, neutrons and electrons. Everything is missing something. People need things from other people, just like neutrons need electrons. This need helps us come to realise the more we are United, the better things become. That everything must eventually be joined back together into the Unity that we call Hashem.

As the world charges towards the reality of Hashem's oneness and light, I tell myself these things, to make it easier to deal with what we call reality. I'm reminding myself that it is not real. And come 120, it is the neshama, that seems so unreal in this world, that will be the only reality.

As we prepare once again to receive the Torah, may Hashem bless each and every one of us with the knowledge of His goodness and kindness, and may He grant peace to all klal Yisrael, indeed to the entire world.

Thanks for reading.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:43 pm
Thank you for sharing

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 8:45 pm
Wow!!!

You're a deep and inspiring soul!

Why are you amother???

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, May 16 2018, 10:47 pm
Thank you, I really enjoyed that. Good yomtov!

momnaturally

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 12:05 am
Beautiful and thoughtful perspective.
Good Yom Tov to you too and Thanks for sharing ! Please share your thoughts more often. We can use them !

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 8:00 am
Hey thanks for the positive feedback. I am anonymous because I think that writing like this either -

Makes me sound like a way better person than I actually am

Or alternatively -

Makes me sound like a blithering idiot.

The ideas are taken, I think, mainly from shiurim on this website -

https://m.youtube.com/channel/.....SiBQg

which I have been listening to obsessively these past few months (since Parshat Noach), and partly from my own thoughts.

crust

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 9:36 am
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I just listened to Bechukotai. Your credit:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics