Home

ISO Sugar Free Mayo Based Dip

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


SesameSeeds




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 1:55 pm
Anybody have a tasty mayo based dip that contains no sweetner?
I used to make a delicious parsley leek dip but it has sugar and I cut that out now.

Thanks!
Back to top

flmommy




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 2:12 pm
FYI Dukes mayonnaise has no sugar and tastes almost as good as Hellmans. What about olive or spinach dip?
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 2:20 pm
flmommy wrote:
FYI Dukes mayonnaise has no sugar and tastes almost as good as Hellmans. What about olive or spinach dip?


I make my own mayo so that is not issue.

I hate the taste of olives. How do I make spinach dip?
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 2:43 pm
Can you use a few drops of stevia, or some agave nectar to replace the sugar?
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 2:46 pm
SesameSeeds wrote:
Anybody have a tasty mayo based dip that contains no sweetner?
I used to make a delicious parsley leek dip but it has sugar and I cut that out now.

Thanks!

Omit the sugar. Add a teaspoon or two of Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Back to top

rpmom




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 2:49 pm
Here are 2 mayo based dips I make all the time that are delicious and don't have sugar.

prechecked package dill
prechecked package parsley
1 bunch of scallions
garlic - as prefered
mayo (approximately 1 cup)
Blend

And the second
2 purple onions
slice onions, put in pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake until soft (try to get it before it turns brown)
Then cool, add 1 cup mayo and blend.
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 3:21 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can you use a few drops of stevia, or some agave nectar to replace the sugar?


yes, I just hate the taste of stevia...
Back to top

SesameSeeds




 
 
 


Post  Thu, May 17 2018, 3:21 pm
rpmom wrote:
Here are 2 mayo based dips I make all the time that are delicious and don't have sugar.

prechecked package dill
prechecked package parsley
1 bunch of scallions
garlic - as prefered
mayo (approximately 1 cup)
Blend

And the second
2 purple onions
slice onions, put in pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake until soft (try to get it before it turns brown)
Then cool, add 1 cup mayo and blend.



thanks so much! love the idea of the purple onion dip. Will try.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips

Related Topics Replies Last Post
ISO TV show recommendations
by amother
14 Yesterday at 8:56 pm View last post
ISO recipe for mashed-potato kugel
by Tamiri
7 Yesterday at 7:10 pm View last post
ISO wheelchair gemach 3 Yesterday at 5:00 pm View last post
ISO Baltimore activities with preschoolers
by Optione
8 Sun, Mar 17 2019, 11:01 am View last post
ISO good Israeli laffa in BP 15 Sun, Mar 17 2019, 12:25 am View last post

Jump to: