Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Meghan markles wedding dress
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

trixx

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 10:29 pm
Was I the only one who Googled it immediately after yom tov and was let down? The dress seemed too big and not properly fitted. I've seen frum girls on a fraction of the budget (270k for the dress!) look better than she did... I just want to gossip lol

dovebird

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 10:35 pm
Omg I totally agree!!!! I thought I was the only one.. I kept seeing posts on Instagram of people saying “perfect modest dress etc etc” and I’m thinking ummm

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 10:48 pm
Omg totally!!! So not a pretty dress! Cant help compare it to elegant kate!

crust

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 10:51 pm
I hoped the lace of the veil will somehow miraculously fall onto the dress.
To say that I pulled it off better in a $500 gown would be arrogant. Let's just say that Kate's was nicer.

I am sorry acclaimed designer Clare Waight Keller. Some things need a bit more to it. At the very least, make sure it has a better fit.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 11:11 pm
I thought it was simple, classy and elegant.

I don't understand why everyone seems to think it needed tacky poof and bling.

Miri7

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 11:18 pm
I admit to googling it as soon as YT ended!

I do like the simplicity of it. In a head and shoulders shot, the neckline really is beautiful. But I do think that she could have had another fitting to pinch in the bodice a bit.

I had a similar gown, but with more shoulder coverage. I remember at a certain point we couldn’t take it in any more without me losing range of motion for my arms. I wonder if the same thing happened here - any more fitted and she couldn’t move!

Kate’s gown was gorgeous, but in seeing photos of it today, she looks absolutely skeletal.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
I thought it was simple, classy and elegant.

I don't understand why everyone seems to think it needed tacky poof and bling.

This. I've been following her style and she stayed true to herself. I love that when you look at the pictures you see first and foremost, a gorgeous, radiant bride. Often,all you see is dress.

Metukah

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:53 am
I was also disappointed. I don't think a dress needs 'tacky poof and bling', but there is a world apart between that and her dress. I thought it was too plain and baggy. I was expecting something beautiful like Kate's dress. That was classic, elegant and absolutely beautiful.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:58 am
Gorgeous, elegant, fit perfectly.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:59 am
Metukah wrote:
I was also disappointed. I don't think a dress needs 'tacky poof and bling', but there is a world apart between that and her dress. I thought it was too plain and baggy. I was expecting something beautiful like Kate's dress. That was classic, elegant and absolutely beautiful.

Right.
As a seamstress, it looked like the darts weren’t made for her and the shoulders could’ve been shaped better.
Generally a plain dress needs to be shaped perfectly. Princess seams are meant to be extremely flattering. If too big, they just look baggy.
While I’d prefer a little lace or sparkle, plain is also a choice.
I don’t think anyone actually likes Diana’s dress. It was way OTT.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:27 am
I liked the neckline, but that's it. The rest was boring and wrinkled looking. A very off the rack fit, IMHO.

I would have loved to see some wide lace at the bottom of the sleeves and hemline. Something to break up that sea of solid white.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:44 am
Simple, clean-lined, unadorned dresses can be striking - but in such a case, the fit must be very good.

This just looked baggy around the middle.

But hey, she seemed happy.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:33 am
I absolutely loved it. Simple, and modern and classic all at once; the veil was the perfect contrast.
Kate's was sweet and romantic, this one was classic and current (and timeless).
I LOVED pippa middleton's dress, the queen's outfit, and Kate's outfit.
I also loved megan's evening gown.

Supposedly Amal Clooney was the best dressed guest; I don't understand why. Hated her outfit.

etky

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:54 am
I appreciate the minimalist aesthetic that informed her dress but if you're going for the sculptural look, the fit must be perfect. I don't think that as it was it did her figure justice, which is a shame.
I absolutely loved her tiara though.
I also loved that she didn't overdo the makeup but rather let her natural beauty shine through.

watergirl

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 4:59 am
I didnt mind her dress. Loved the tiara - it was her hair that bothered me.

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:00 am
etky wrote:
I appreciate the minimalist aesthetic that informed her dress but if you're going for the sculptural look, the fit must be perfect. I don't think that as it was it did her figure justice, which is a shame.
I absolutely loved her tiara though.
I also loved that she didn't overdo the makeup but rather let her natural beauty shine through.

The tiara is from the royal collection.

etky

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:28 am
Iymnok wrote:
The tiara is from the royal collection.

It was stunning. So classic looking and unfussy but with just enough presence so as not to be too understated. It was a perfect compliment to the dress.

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:40 am
She lost 23lbs before her wedding. She was eating ice cubes instead of some meals. As Katy Perry said, "I would have had one more fitting." The dress was too big for her. The fabric was stiff to have give.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:51 am
Anyone else noticed she was hardly wearing any makeup to bring out her beauty?

Her face and overall look was so bla.

DrMom

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:59 am
Squishy wrote:
She lost 23lbs before her wedding. She was eating ice cubes instead of some meals. As Katy Perry said, "I would have had one more fitting." The dress was too big for her. The fabric was stiff to have give.

Wow. And she was already actress-thin.

I guess living in that gilded cage has its price.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics