Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO OBGYN Brooklyn / NYC area
1  2  Next

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 12:53 pm
I used a doctor at NYU with my last baby and was unhappy with both the doctor and NYU hospital.

I am now looking for an OBGYN. Can anyone recommend one they had a nice experience with?

timana

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 1:19 pm
The Schwartz group in Boro park on 15th and 59th

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:05 pm
timana wrote:
The Schwartz group in Boro park on 15th and 59th

Timana, Did you use them? Did you have a good experience. I have heard very negative reviews about the place.

chatz

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
Timana, Did you use them? Did you have a good experience. I have heard very negative reviews about the place.

I used the midwife group associated with them and was very happy. In general, I prefer midwives over ob/gyn as they generally give you more time and personal attention and are more natural oriented.

But since you have some experience with doctors, let's start from there. Why were you unhappy with the other group? What qualities would you like in a doctor?

timana

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:22 pm
I have bh had 1 simple pregnancy with them and one that got complicated towards the end. The doctor I would recommend most is Dr. Diana Roth; she is incredibly gentle yet knowledgeable, she is really comforting and understanding. I have heard negative things from friends with more complicated pregnancies, the main complaint being that they dont give you the emotional support you need. While I understand them, I think they have to understand that most of Boro Park goes to their office, so they dont exactly have the time to make each patient feel "heard". It's all depends on what you are looking for. If you really need that emotional connection with the doctor, you could look elsewhere (although I really felt that Dr. Roth was there for me). If you want doctors that have years of experience and incredible knowledge in their field, I would stick with the Schwartz group.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:28 pm
timana wrote:
I have bh had 1 simple pregnancy with them and one that got complicated towards the end. The doctor I would recommend most is Dr. Diana Roth; she is incredibly gentle yet knowledgeable, she is really comforting and understanding. I have heard negative things from friends with more complicated pregnancies, the main complaint being that they dont give you the emotional support you need. While I understand them, I think they have to understand that most of Boro Park goes to their office, so they dont exactly have the time to make each patient feel "heard". It's all depends on what you are looking for. If you really need that emotional connection with the doctor, you could look elsewhere (although I really felt that Dr. Roth was there for me). If you want doctors that have years of experience and incredible knowledge in their field, I would stick with the Schwartz group.

Thank you Tiamana I appreciate your detailed response.

I am looking for most important experienced doctors with a good track record but would really like to find someone that is both professional and personal at the same time.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 2:29 pm
chatz wrote:
I used the midwife group associated with them and was very happy. In general, I prefer midwives over ob/gyn as they generally give you more time and personal attention and are more natural oriented.

But since you have some experience with doctors, let's start from there. Why were you unhappy with the other group? What qualities would you like in a doctor?

The last group I went to was a great doctor but I really didn't like the office both because the place was disorganized and no one remembered anything... appointments were hard to schedule because there was no one to work with. and I didn't feel like anyone is personally interested to listen to my simple questions/concerns explain things to me etc.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
The last group I went to was a great doctor but I really didn't like the office both because the place was disorganized and no one remembered anything... appointments were hard to schedule because there was no one to work with. and I didn't feel like anyone is personally interested to listen to my simple questions/concerns explain things to me etc.

Sounds like Dr. Rebarber's group might be a good fit for you. The office is extremely well-run and organized. While it is a large group of doctors, you are given time and personal attention at each appointment to discuss all your concerns and questions. I've been to several OB's, including Dr. Mann, Boro Park OB, Dori/Gorelick/Klinger, and Dr. Bral, and was happiest with Dr. Rebarber (Dr. Bral was also great, but I'm not sure if he's in private practice anymore).

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 1:00 pm
The Rais, Mann, Shifrin group is great. The office is organized and they always remember me, even if I haven't been there for a year. The three doctors are all very skilled and caring.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
The Rais, Mann, Shifrin group is great. The office is organized and they always remember me, even if I haven't been there for a year. The three doctors are all very skilled and caring.

Man and shifrin are OK. Rais I wouldn't go near even if you pay me a million dollars!00

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 5:22 pm
amother wrote:
Man and shifrin are OK. Rais I wouldn't go near even if you pay me a million dollars!00

She the best dr of them all. Her bedside manners are horrible. Don’t confuse the 2.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds like Dr. Rebarber's group might be a good fit for you. The office is extremely well-run and organized. While it is a large group of doctors, you are given time and personal attention at each appointment to discuss all your concerns and questions. I've been to several OB's, including Dr. Mann, Boro Park OB, Dori/Gorelick/Klinger, and Dr. Bral, and was happiest with Dr. Rebarber (Dr. Bral was also great, but I'm not sure if he's in private practice anymore).

No-one beats the MFM group of doc rebarber. However you need to have great insurance and out of pocket is quite pricey.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 5:52 pm
OP, what bothered you about NYU?

Given the choice between delivering in NYU or Maimonides, I'd choose the former any day.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:

I'm new to the area and only used them one time... I wait for close to three hours to be seen and waited four days for the good doctor to call me back after having a procedure and being promised that I'd receive a call back from the doctor shortly... Still never heard back from her.

I had heard that they were good but completely overwhelmed. Sad

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:

Sounds like Dr. Berger. He's an amazing, caring Dr. who gives you all the time in the world and is amazing by delivery, but the wait time is awful and the office staff annoying. I choose to deal with these annoyances because I know that I'm getting a really competent Dr. I did not have a problem with NYU so I don't know what bothered you about the hospital.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:00 am
OP, you should probably mention what insurance you have. Do you have private insurance? Medicaid HMO?
Please don't "downgrade" to Maimonides from NYU. Understandably, since you had a bad experience there, you'd rather not go back. But if you have the option (insurance wise) then choose someone at least in Mt. Sinai! Good hospitals are so important.

The Adler group in Mt. Sinai is also a great option. They have office locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:24 pm
Hi Op here still looking for recommendations.
If anyone can chime I would appreciate that....
It’s quite overwhelming to choose a doctor as I am putting myself and my unborn child in their care!!
I would like to be as informed as possible when making such a decision.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 3:40 pm
You still haven't shared which insurance you have.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:33 pm
I used dr Weinreb and was very happy

ladYdI

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:43 pm
I used Shifran and Mann and was very happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries