Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Is my son gay?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 5:58 pm
My two year old son ,almost three loves playing with dolls,high heells and wants me to put on him nail polish
I dont know if he is just copying his older sister (5 years old) or if all that means something....
he also loves playing with planes and cars...so I dont know...
Those who have gays sons ,did they show some signs when younger?
Thanks

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:01 pm
Ummm... I hope this is not a serious post! I have reported it as it seems like a troll to me.

zoom

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:05 pm
Whaaaat?!!

amother
Puce

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:06 pm
My three your old son does the same. That’s what happens when there’s a 5 year old sister. Also, the question isn’t if he’s gay. He doesn’t have a s-xual preference yet. The question is if he’s transgender.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:08 pm
It's normal for toddlers of both genders to do all of the above. Please don't look for problems.

WhatFor

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:09 pm
It's perfectly normal for your baby to love all different types of activities and make believe games regardless of gender.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:11 pm
Children don’t have zxual orientations. There are gay and straight men that are into feminine things and straight and gay men that are not. No need to assume anything about his sxuality right now. And if he ends up being gay, there’s nothing to do about it now anyways

amother
Green

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:14 pm
Omg please tell me that you're not seriously thinking that it's possible for a 2 year old to be gay!! Why are you as a mother even thinking like this on a 2 year old??? My girls play with cars & boys with dolls! Doesn't mean anything.
Amother puce, it's also not a question if he's transgender! Such thoughts shouldn't cross a mom's mind when the kids are still babies. Kids play with everything.

oliveoil

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:14 pm
Why was this reported? Sounds like the OP is a relatively young mother and with all the mixed messages around this kind of stuff these days, it's not outrageous for her to wonder.

Having said that, OP, there is nothing to worry about at this age. It's no indication. One of nephews played with dolls, nailpolish, dress up princess tutus, and everything other "girly" thing you can think of until he was 6-7. He has three older sisters and is a gentle soul anyway. He does it less these days, but can still get into doll play with his sisters. Why not?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:19 pm
For the first coment that asked me if It is a serious question ,yes it is. IM not joking... I have siblings and nephews and never saw them acting like that...
I know that a 2 year old cant be gay ,maybe my question is :is that a sign that he is going to be?
I saw a interview with a gay and he said that from the way he used to walk as a child his aunt knew .
Of course that even if he is going to be ,Thats not going to change anything in our relationship
Im just wondering if thats normal or stuff from my head
Thanks for the responses

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:26 pm
My son used to love playing with dolls, dress up gowns and shoes, dollhouse.... he never touched a toy car or bus. Someone asked me once if I am sure it's a boy when he was walking down the block at the age of 2 with a doll stroller. I was a young naive mom and thought it was a really dumb question. Let kids be kids and they'll turn out great.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:27 pm
He sounds like a very healthy bi-zexual human being. You are an amazing mother to allow him the freedom to play and not stifle him. Keep it up :-)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:27 pm
amother wrote:
For the first coment that asked me if It is a serious question ,yes it is. IM not joking... I have siblings and nephews and never saw them acting like that...
I know that a 2 year old cant be gay ,maybe my question is :is that a sign that he is going to be?
I saw a interview with a gay and he said that from the way he used to walk as a child his aunt knew .
Of course that even if he is going to be ,Thats not going to change anything in our relationship
Im just wondering if thats normal or stuff from my head
Thanks for the responses

I vote "stuff from your head".

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
He sounds like a very healthy bi-zexual human being. You are an amazing mother to allow him the freedom to play and not stifle him. Keep it up :-)

Bi-zexual? he has shown zero interest in zex. He's 2.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:31 pm
OP, it's ok. As a mother of only boys, my kids wore my wigs, sunglasses, high heels, pushed doll carriages, had obsessions with dolls and stuffed animals in strollers , and loved to wear pocket books and jewelry. It's called "imagination". Enjoy it while it lasts. He will grow out of it by the time he reaches 3-4. My DS age 7 still loves to dress up and play with dishes and fake food, but now he dresses up like a chef or waiter, and has various other costumes he loves that are very boyish. It's normal behavior and a sign of a healthy imaginative little boy.

debsey

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:31 pm
flowerpower wrote:
My son used to love playing with dolls, dress up gowns and shoes, dollhouse.... he never touched a toy car or bus. Someone asked me once if I am sure it's a boy when he was walking down the block at the age of 2 with a doll stroller. I was a young naive mom and thought it was a really dumb question. Let kids be kids and they'll turn out great.

The bolded should be hung from every mom's fridge.

OP, chill.

He's a kid. Your daughter isn't a lesbian if she plays with trucks and tools and your son's orientation won't magically change because he likes nail-polish or colors with the pink crayon.

So many other useless things to worry about, like child molester bus drivers or the possibility of his lunch being infected with staph or a rabid dog busting loose and biting him (in other words, all the random unlikely fates that we mothers sometimes obsess over.)

Enjoy your son! He sounds like an adorable little boy.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:33 pm
flowerpower wrote:

How old is he now?

Miri7

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:33 pm
My oldest DS was exactly like that. He grew up to be a very caring, doting big brother and son. The woman who marries him will be very lucky. He is definitely not gay. (We would love him the same if he was).

IMO, all kids should be encouraged to play with and care for dolls, and nail polish is just plain fun. DH's toenails are a sparkly purple right now bc DD, 4, painted them for the 3 day YT. Learning to care for babies and care for a home is important and it's good to get all kids started early.

iyar

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:41 pm
amother wrote:
My two year old son ,almost three loves playing with dolls,high heells and wants me to put on him nail polish
I dont know if he is just copying his older sister (5 years old) or if all that means something....
he also loves playing with planes and cars...so I dont know...
Those who have gays sons ,did they show some signs when younger?
Thanks

If your five year old was a boy and your two year old was a little girl who played with trucks and mud and wanted to dress up as a garbageman and refused to wear dresses or play with dolls, would you be equally concerned?

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 22 2018, 6:44 pm
amother wrote:
How old is he now?

A teenager. He has other interests now that would be gender and age appropriate.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics