Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
For the kicks of it- Raise hand if you meet this criteria;
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

debsey

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:06 am
crust wrote:
Quote from the S/o do I have room here?

Are you
1. Happily married with first husband, AND
2. Chareidi, AND
3. FFB, AND
4. Not on any medication for mental/emotional issues (at least not severe ones)?

Even if you are, go through the active posters and see how many can check all the boxes. You'll find the percentage of those who can't is far greater than what you'd find in any average Chareidi shul (even Lubavitch).
End quote.

I am curious if this "statistic" has any mamashos.

(I posted this in Working Women because I am a woman that was unnerved by, but is working on herself not to get involved in, that thread.)

I'm not sure what this post is leading up to, but.....
1. Yes, B"H
2. Yes
3. Cannot yet aspire to the label Ba'alas Teshuva, as I've still got some perfecting to do. Oh, you meant culturally? Yes. Boro Park born and bred.Lakewood wed and Brooklyn fled......
4. Does chocolate in mega doses count?

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:07 am
giselle wrote:
crust!

I hope we get each other better than that. Or maybe Iโ€™m not getting you now. Ok this is confusing. Are we all out?

Of course, I got you lol!

I happened to write up a response to the amother that says this thread is a waste of time but I am afraid it will not be understood.
When I get very upset from a situation I become very cynical. (I know. I gotta work on it.) And in more than one instance people here thought I was serious when I was tongue in cheek. So, in light of that, I thought it is better to keep it unposted.

relish

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:09 am
What is the point of this thread?

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:11 am
debsey wrote:
I'm not sure what this post is leading up to, but.....
1. Yes, B"H
2. Yes
3. Cannot yet aspire to the label Ba'alas Teshuva, as I've still got some perfecting to do. Oh, you meant culturally? Yes. Boro Park born and bred.Lakewood wed and Brooklyn fled......
4. Does chocolate in mega doses count?

3. Come on! You dont understand what FFB means? I am afraid I will have to say it. If you dont know what it means you probably cant check the box. And we need people to check ALL the boxes. ALL of them. No monkeying!

4. Yes. That is VERY unhealthy. It is worse than medicine. Here you go. People dont even realize how unhealthy certain imas are.

YOU ARE OUT.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:11 am
crust wrote:
Quote from the S/o do I have room here?

Are you
1. Happily married with first husband, AND
2. Chareidi, AND
3. FFB, AND
4. Not on any medication for mental/emotional issues (at least not severe ones)?

Now a serious answer:
1) b'H yes
2) & 3) FFB chasidish. aspiring to greatness but a work in progress
4) no meds

Sunny Days

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:14 am
I'm still Scratching Head why these 4 criteria were chosen.
How can things that are totally out of our control 'identify' you as 'normal' or whatever it is you need to be to fit in?

relish

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:15 am
Okay, I'm getting it...it took some time.

1) im happy.
2) im JPF
3) im FFB
4) no meds (except imamother. It's a real drug. Case in point, I'm on way passed my bedtime)

I'm officially diagnosed as what now?

debsey

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:20 am
crust wrote:
3. Come on! You dont understand what FFB means? I am afraid I will have to say it. If you dont know what it means you probably cant check the box. And we need people to check ALL the boxes. ALL of them. No monkeying!

4. Yes. That is VERY unhealthy. It is worse than medicine. Here you go. People dont even realize how unhealthy certain imas are.

YOU ARE OUT.

I am prescribing this:
ChillPill

Now you are out.....
SO THERE.

Off to console myself with coffee (there was no hot chocolate emoji so I improvised) Also, where's the wine emoji when I need it?

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:20 am
relish wrote:
What is the point of this thread?

I wanted to see if the quote in my OP has any mamashos.
Why I wanted to see it?
Oh because I got unnerved that a few hundred intelligent, warm and lovely women are put into a microscopic box of 4 questions and that all of them are portrayed as 'missing something' one way or another.

Hey, I said I will work on myself and I will not engage in that.

relish

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:24 am
Debsey, this is for you.

๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿพ

ืœื—ื™ื™ื

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:24 am
amother wrote:
Basically yes to all except I'm technically a giyores but I was converted at the age of 2 so I grew up frum.

I would love to meet you. I am curious and serious.

debsey

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:26 am
relish wrote:
Debsey, this is for you.

๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿพ

ืœื—ื™ื™ื

Shkoyach.......

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:27 am
This reminds me of my Sheva Brachos by my second wedding. Three older women were boasting about how long they've been married. I remember thinking, "Duh, if I had married this one the first time around I would also say the same thing." Not listening

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:29 am
debsey wrote:
I am prescribing this:
ChillPill

Now you are out.....
SO THERE.

Off to console myself with coffee (there was no hot chocolate emoji so I improvised) Also, where's the wine emoji when I need it?

I hope you know that after a fleishig dinner you have to wait 6 hours before drinking coffee.
Why, you didnt serve leftovers from Yom Tov today? Are you sure you are FFB?

debsey

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:37 am
crust wrote:
I hope you know that after a fleishig dinner you have to wait 6 hours before drinking coffee.
Why, you didnt serve leftovers from Yom Tov today? Are you sure you are FFB?

Ya do know that us FFBs serve a milchig seudah on Shavuous, right?

Cheesecake for the shvigger, perfect cheese babka, and some sort of dairy dish are de rigeur around here...........

I know, I know, my food is incredible (hey, I grew up in BORO PARK) but there were some leftovers...........

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:41 am
She was trying to say that most ladies on here are not emotionally healthy, but I thinks she chose some odd criteria to make this point.

I can answer yes to all three (although I've been trending yeshivish- "lite" of late, does that still count?), but what does that prove about my mental health or state of normalcy or anything?

Maybe the Yes-answerer needs meds but refuses to take them. Maybe she's sticking with a bad marriage. Maybe her ffb parents were wildly dysfunctional, maybe she is a practicing chareidi / heimish / whatever but has secret doubts that she spills online?
What

simba

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:42 am
I'll raise my hand for statistics though I didn't see the original thread.
Not sure that thaws criteria define me but it definitely does indicate a level of stability. Wait.. am I feeding myself to the lions?!

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:43 am
amother wrote:
She was trying to say that most ladies on here are not emotionally healthy, but I thinks she chose some odd criteria to make this point.

I can answer yes to all three (although I've been trending yeshivish- "lite" of late, does that still count?), but what does that prove about my mental health or state of normalcy or anything?

Maybe the Yes-answerer needs meds but refuses to take them. Maybe she's sticking with a bad marriage. Maybe her ffb parents were wildly dysfunctional, maybe she is a practicing chareidi / heimish / whatever but has secret doubts that she spills online?
What

EXACTLY

crust

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:48 am
simba wrote:
I'll raise my hand for statistics though I didn't see the original thread.
Not sure that thaws criteria define me but it definitely does indicate a level of stability. Wait.. am I feeding myself to the lions?!

Lions are ok. They are normal. Normal lions.

And if these criteria do not define you then it proves that you are not stable or perhaps not even frum. Not to be motze shem ra on you but you are just OUT. No big deal. No judgement. Dont get offended. Its all in your own mind.

Miri7

Post Wed, May 23 2018, 12:54 am
This is so funny. Of course the percentage of people on here who donโ€™t define as โ€œcharediโ€ will be lower than the percentage of women in a charedi shul on any given shabbos who identify as charedi.....
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics