Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean this tablecloth?

essie14

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:02 am

I was given this as a gift. Used it a few times and because of the texture there are stains which I can’t scrub out. It seems to be plastic with a felt underside.
Can I put this in the washing machine?
Any other tips on how to clean it?
It came with no cleaning instructions.

Last edited by essie14 on Thu, May 24 2018, 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 6:00 am
These kinds of tablecloths don’t do well in the machine and should be cleaned by hand. First check the flock underside. The stain may be in the flock, in which case, spray it with water and blot with a towel. If that doesn’t work, spray with soap and water and blot.

If the stain is on top, spray with soap and water and scrub with a small brush. If it’s a genuine stain and not dried food residue, you can safely apply some bleach on a cotton swab, let sit for a few minutes and then rinse. If that does nothing, you’re pretty much stuck. Some materials, notoriously grease mixed with tomato sauce, stain plastic really badly. You can also try putting the cloth in the sun for a few hours.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 7:15 am
Mix up water, vinegar and a drop of dish soap. Use the solution to clean the tablecloth. Keep a dry rag handy to wipe it dry as you clean it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry