Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How to handle situation with DD
Previous  1  2  3

dancingqueen

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 1:03 am
I get that you want to teach her responsibility but how is she paying for things if she doesn’t have a job? Why is she in school only part time? To be honest, I can’t imagine my parents insisting I pay them back for 10 bucks but I get that different familys are different.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 1:57 am
Is my daughter living in your house?! My 20 year old, just finishing Shana Bet has done this a lot for extras like make-up and haircuts. Granted, she is still in full-time sem, does work teaching at a preschool summers and saves a lot of that and still has some bas mitzvah money. But the entitlement mentality is prevalent. Also, not ready for shidduchim...I think this type of thinking proves that.

I have totally spoiled her in retrospect (only girl among boys). She is seeing a lot of her friends get married and I know she is thinking about how much she has to step up and figure out a plan to make parnassa. We have a similar dynamic here with dh and myself. It sounds like you are really striving to help your dd transition to the next level of adulthood/shidduchim. It's not easy. Hatzlacha!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children