Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Local Honey for treating hayfever (seasonal allergies)?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:39 am
Okay, I know that there are no studies to support this so please DO NOT flood this thread with those studies! Really, please don't waste my time. I can Google research articles just like you...ty😁

Whether placebo affect or whatever, many, many people seem to report that it has helped them for years. And since honey isn't unsafe and isn't that expensive, I'm willing to try it.

Hopefully, I can start proper allergy immunotherapy for this child (or maybe even children) soon (instead of drugging them silly) but I still would like to hear more about people's experiences with using honey.

Did it work? How soon? How well? Is there ant point to taking any now at the end of the season .How much honey do you take daily and do you do it yesterday round or a couple of months before the season and then through the season? Does it need to be raw? ( I know raw honey is good for you in general, but curious with regard to immunotherapy if it's necessary...because then it probably shouldn't be mixed with hot tea.)

Thank you!

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:41 am
I never did try the honey method, but did research it recently. I can't say if it works or not, but I do know that it is supposed to be raw and the dose taken is one teaspoon daily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics