Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Calm me down asap

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:03 am
hi
im so scared. I found 2 small lumps in neck of my son (2 yrs old) and just now another one on each side of where you stick nappy together. what can these be? I have an urgent appointment tomorrow to check them. im panicking like crazy.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:08 am
2 of my kids have had small bumps under the skin on their necks and I panicked too but it turned out to be swollen lymph nodes and no big deal. It’s always good to check these things out ASAP though. I’m davening for you that it’s nothing.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:08 am
I had something just like this and it turned out to be absolutely nothing!! Just water pockets that went away on their own.
I hope everything is ok with you as well.
Please keep us posted!

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:13 am
It could be swollen lymph nodes, which indicate inflammation in the body, and possibly an infection.
Just take him to the pediatrician and all with be ok BE"H.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:18 am
thanks everyone

I really hope its nothing. im davening 😶😶

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
I had something just like this and it turned out to be absolutely nothing!! Just water pockets that went away on their own.
I hope everything is ok with you as well.
Please keep us posted!

I had the same thing with one of my kids. I was panicking like crazy. Don’t worry op. I’m sure all will be fine. Keep us posted.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:23 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
I had the same thing with one of my kids. I was panicking like crazy. Don’t worry op. I’m sure all will be fine. Keep us posted.

How do I know if its to be worried about before tomorrow?? any signs etc?

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:36 am
unfortunately you dont know. but assuming hes well otherwise...most of these lumps are nothing (glands/lymph nodes). always important to check though.
let us know what the dr saya

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:45 am
Its hard to imagine but try to stay calm and focus on good thoughts. My son also had these in the side of his neck when he was little and Dr said was nothing. When he turned 10 I noticed they got bigger and harder. My Dr panicked and sent me everywhere. It turned out to be a small nothing he was born with . Don't worry. They will prob send you for testing but its fine. This is a test of emunah. I took upon myself to strengthen my emunah and all was fine.

mompower

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:53 am
They’re probably swollen lymph nodes due to infection.

My kid had it for a long while because of eczema. As soon as the eczema went away the swelling went down too.

It’s a good idea to check it out though.

And I did panic too when I first felt them! Good luck!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 11:00 am
mompower wrote:
They’re probably swollen lymph nodes due to infection.

My kid had it for a long while because of eczema. As soon as the eczema went away the swelling went down too.

It’s a good idea to check it out though.

And I did panic too when I first felt them! Good luck!

no infection tho?!

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 11:23 am
My kids had them a few times. They were swollen lymph nodes. Good luck, stay calm, and keep us posted.

anonymous55

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 1:29 pm
Could be swollen lymph nodes or maybe small lipomas. Lipomas are usually harmless. Swollen lymph nodes could be from any infection, big or small.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 2:59 pm
I still get these bumps when I'm fighting off a virus. Often, I don't even get actually "sick" from the virus, because the lymph nodes do such a good job of attacking the invader.

Definitely get it checked out, but don't panic until you have all the facts and tests in.

toysrus

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
hi
im so scared. I found 2 small lumps in neck of my son (2 yrs old) and just now another one on each side of where you stick nappy together. what can these be? I have an urgent appointment tomorrow to check them. im panicking like crazy.

Totally normal for under 5's, has he had a cold/cough recently? I cant tell u the amount of lumps ive found in my year old's neck, dr said every little cold makes their lymph nodes swell up for a while

watergirl

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 4:08 pm
Swollen lymph nodes

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 5:36 pm
amother wrote:
hi

Why do you have to wait until tomorrow to see the dr? Does your pediatrician have evening hours?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics