Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do you heat up frozen chicken soup?

abaker

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:07 am
do you thaw and then heat in pot? or just dump the frozen block into a pot? I never seem to care for the taste of the things that I've frozen and re-warmed.

Woman of Valor

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:23 am
Actually my chicken soup tastes even better when reheated after frozen because the chicken releases more flavor and the flavors mix better. Just put the frozen block in fridge overnight the night before, then heat it up a couple of hours early and let simmer. If using frozen matzo balls like I do then make sure they have plenty of time to sit in the boiling or simmering liquid so they are cooked through.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:47 am
I defrost it and then warm in a pot on a low flame.

Moonlight

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:50 am
Either way, depending on time constrictions

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:17 am
abaker wrote:
do you thaw and then heat in pot? or just dump the frozen block into a pot? I never seem to care for the taste of the things that I've frozen and re-warmed.

Are you freezing and rewarming just the broth?

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 11:21 am
You say chicken soup rather than chicken broth. Perhaps it's the mushy veggies that's putting you off. I always strain my soup before freezing and only freeze the broth then reheat (either fully defrosted or just defrosted enough for the block of frozen soup to separate easily from the container) and add fresh carrots and whatever other veggies I want.

zaq

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 12:35 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Either way, depending on time constrictions
. This.

abaker

Post Sat, May 26 2018, 9:54 pm
I think this is more like broth with chicken pieces and maybe a couple carrots. I have a bunch of containers of it I keep putting off defrosting.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 26 2018, 10:26 pm
abaker wrote:
I think this is more like broth with chicken pieces and maybe a couple carrots. I have a bunch of containers of it I keep putting off defrosting.

Defrost the container you're about to use. Strain out all chicken and carrot pieces. Heat the broth.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen