Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much did you spend on a diamond Kallah bracelet NY area?
1  2  3  Next

How much did you spend on a Kallah bracelet?
Under $1000  
 25%  [ 31 ]
$1100-2000  
 30%  [ 37 ]
$2100-3000  
 25%  [ 31 ]
$3100-4000  
 10%  [ 12 ]
$4100-$5000  
 4%  [ 5 ]
Over $5000  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 120

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 5:48 pm
See poll. Please only respond if you live in the Brooklyn, Lakewood or Monsey area and get the culture of a Kallah getting a diamond bracelet at engagement .

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 7:19 pm
I'm not part of your demographic so I apologize for responding when not asked for. (I didn't answer the poll though). But, looking at the results, all I can say is WOW.

I live in England and the diamond chip bracelet I received from my in-laws was priced around $600. And it was considered very nice in my (Yeshivish) circles. Many spend far less than that.

The standards in the US seem to be out of hand.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 1:52 am
Wow just wow! I'm from uk too - my bracelet cost around $200!

amother
Lavender

Post Sat, May 26 2018, 9:56 pm
Oops 🙊
I voted before I saw the caveat, and I'm from OOT.
Under $1000.
I can't imagine my in-laws paid more than a few hundred dollars. My diamond ring was $1000!
What demographic buys $5000 bracelets? What do such expensive bracelets look like?

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 12:42 am
amother wrote:
I'm not part of your demographic so I apologize for responding when not asked for. (I didn't answer the poll though). But, looking at the results, all I can say is WOW.

I live in England and the diamond chip bracelet I received from my in-laws was priced around $600. And it was considered very nice in my (Yeshivish) circles. Many spend far less than that.

The standards in the US seem to be out of hand.

I am from Stamford Hill, England and the balbatishe chassidishe families definitely spend more than $600 on the kalloh's diamond bracelet.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:24 am
amother wrote:
I am from Stamford Hill, England and the balbatishe chassidishe families definitely spend more than $600 on the kalloh's diamond bracelet.

I guess the standards are lower in the Litvish/Yeshivish communites in England (though over $600 doesn't have to come close to $2000+ which seems to quite common in the poll). The one my sister received was around $200 and she was happy with it. My mother spent just over $300 for my sisters in law. The one I received for $600 was considered on the to be on the nicer end.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:29 am
My English in laws paid over $2,000 for my bracelet.

However, they aren’t what you would call yeshivish.

My sisters all got bracelets at least over $1,000. Lakewood, yeshivish.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:56 am
For those of you who are writing that your bracelet cost less than $1000 - how long ago did you get it?

Because I found that the prices nowadays have skyrocketed. A $1500 bracelet nowadays is almost the bare minimum if you want any gold at all.

But I am glad to see that not everyone spent over $3000. So I feel a little better.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 8:59 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
For those of you who are writing that your bracelet cost less than $1000 - how long ago did you get it?

Because I found that the prices nowadays have skyrocketed. A $1500 bracelet nowadays is almost the bare minimum if you want any gold at all.

But I am glad to see that not everyone spent over $3000. So I feel a little better.

I just had sticker shock looking up my bracelet. I didn't get one when I got married. We purchased it about 2 years later when we could afford it. We bought it for $2700 on sale. It is now over $7000!!!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:07 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

5 years ago. White gold bracelet.

And shocker! Some people get a silver bracelet. Though you can definitely get gold for way under $1500.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
5 years ago. White gold bracelet.

And shocker! Some people get a silver bracelet. Though you can definitely get gold for way under $1500.

Not any more.... check it out.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:40 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

My brother got married a year ago and my mother definitely didn't spend anywhere near that amount...

It could be that it wouldn't be considered nice enough for your standards, but that doesn't mean you can't get.

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:46 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

I just saw one for $863 in Macys.

https://m.macys.com/shop/produ.....ernal

cnc

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:54 am
Squishy wrote:

This is 10k gold which is goldplated/ less than half gold.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:56 am
Squishy wrote:

The ones in that price range are extremely thin and don't look good at all - you wouldn't buy that for your kallah. Also, the bracelet you linked is 10K gold. I can't even wear 10k gold, I break out from it.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:58 am
This one is less than $500. No real diamonds, though not everyone does with real diamonds for the bracelet..

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk.....let/p

I know plenty people who would buy such ones for their kallah. Though the Jewish stores usually have a more suitable range for kallahs even in their inexpensive ranges.

I get this this isn't good enough for many standards, but it still exists.

cnc

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:58 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
The ones in that price range are extremely thin and don't look good at all - you wouldn't buy that for your kallah. Also, the bracelet you linked is 10K gold. I can't even wear 10k gold, I break out from it.

Many real jewelery stores don’t sell 10k.

cnc

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
This one is less than $500. No real diamonds, though not everyone does with real diamonds for the bracelet..

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk.....let/p

It’s 9ct gold which is basically almost fake.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 10:01 am
cnc wrote:
It’s 9ct gold which is basically almost fake.

So?

As I said, not everyone lives on your standards.

Anyway, this was just a random link from a store which has high prices, the Jewish stores have much better suitable choices in the same price range.

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 10:06 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

This one is $1680. It is 14K.

You can find them at the jewelry exchange at the $1500 price point.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics