Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
All the new Monsey schools

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:14 am
Ok so Monsey needed new schools and suddenly a whole bunch opened or opening. I’m trying to help a family member in Monsey figure out which ones to apply to. Pls help me out.

Bnos Leah prospect Park Mnsy Branch

BY (Portnoy)

Kesser BY (R Reich, R Mashinsky)

Ohel Sara (R Gold)

Anything else I missed?

Can anyone tell me:

1) what school it’s most like?
2) Will any of these schools have Nursery?
3) Do u know who the principal is? Clientele?
4) contact info for these schools much appreciated

Argh I wish there was a way that each of these schools could have a website, a
Video — SOMETHING to give a basic mission statement and info...

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:18 am
BY that is run by Portnoy isn't that new. It's been around a few years already. They get more applicants then they have available slots, it's nearly impossible to get in there. They told a neighbor of mine that for every available slot they have about 30 applicants.

I don't know about the rest since they haven't had a full year of school yet. Chas vshalom they should have websites or videos. That goes against everything most of these people preach (besides Prospect, they're catering to a more modern crowd from what I understand)

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:21 am
Ty!

I know Chaya Rochel Portnoy from years back— I’m sure it’s an awesome place if she is running itand it makes sense that ppl would challish to get in

Prospect is going to cater to
Right or left of YSV?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:22 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Ty!

I know Chaya Rochel Portnoy from years back— I’m sure it’s an awesome place if she is running itand it makes sense that ppl would challish to get in

Prospect is going to cater to
Right or left of YSV?

I'm honestly not sure, but I think to the left. I know people who were going to send to Ateres are considering Prospect instead.

4thebooks

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:34 am
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
I'm honestly not sure, but I think to the left. I know people who were going to send to Ateres are considering Prospect instead.

I heard prospect will be going more to the right.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:54 am
The new BY is trying to be a lakewood type school. Aka very yeshivish. They have a very homogenous crowd. Prospect is a great school and would’ve loved to send but I was unsure which way it was going to swing - to the right of YSV, perfect for me. To the left - not really. (I ended up going with bas mikrah. While the parent body is pretty yeshivish, the school itself and it’s policies isn’t as yeshivish. Hopefully it’ll work.)
The other schools on your list are chasidish I think.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:43 pm
How did you get into Bas Mikrah? Every time I ask for an application, they tell me they are not sending out applications yet, they will take down my information and send it when they are ready. But I should be aware that there are more applicants than slots available. Then, a few weeks/months later, I get a phone call that all the slots have been filled before the applications even went out (ie with staff and siblings). This happened two years in a row. My daughter, 4 years old, is now in a third year playgroup because all the Monsey schools are full. FYI, I asked Shoshana Rub if she had to compare the target hashkafa of the new Prospect Park to an existing Monsey school, which would it be, and she said YSV.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:46 pm
It is extremely hard to get into Bas Mikroh.
Many ex chassidish send to Bais Leah Prospect.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:12 pm
amother wrote:
How did you get into Bas Mikrah? Every time I ask for an application, they tell me they are not sending out applications yet, they will take down my information and send it when they are ready. But I should be aware that there are more applicants than slots available. Then, a few weeks/months later, I get a phone call that all the slots have been filled before the applications even went out (ie with staff and siblings). This happened two years in a row. My daughter, 4 years old, is now in a third year playgroup because all the Monsey schools are full. FYI, I asked Shoshana Rub if she had to compare the target hashkafa of the new Prospect Park to an existing Monsey school, which would it be, and she said YSV.

New amother here.
I was under the impression that YSV is more to the right of the Brooklyn Prospect.
Does that mean that the new Prospect is going to be more right wing than the old one?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics