Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Does ur baby girl have earrings?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

newlywed613

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 9:13 pm
It is not a moral issue at all...it is a personal decision neither way is wrong its based on how you grew up ur circles what your mother and sisters did etc....please stop putting down either way....its not a bad thing to pierce ears....if ur not into it dont do zehu....eo can do wat works for them...bye bye

newlywed613

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 9:14 pm
It is not a moral issue at all...it is a personal decision neither way is wrong its based on how you grew up ur circles what your mother and sisters did etc....please stop putting down either way....its not a bad thing to pierce ears....if ur not into it dont do zehu....eo can do wat works for them...bye bye

creditcards

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:35 pm
If you know your girl will eventually have earrings. Like I do. It's just simpler to do it as a newborn. Less pain. I never heard of a newborn earrings getting infected. Older kids have much a bigger chance of infection. If you do it when the baby is a few days old the body takes it much better and gets used to it right away. You say the pain is not so bad. Fear is. No reason for unnecessary fear. No reason for girls to feel different that they don't have earrings.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:12 am
creditcards wrote:
Does your baby wear a headband? It's so uncomfortable. I can't imagine doing that to my baby. She has to wear something on her head because you think it's cute?

Very good analogy! Ears are a few minutes of pain, and then it's fine. Not hours of being uncomfortable.

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 6:22 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Very good analogy! Ears are a few minutes of pain, and then it's fine. Not hours of being uncomfortable.

Why would you force a baby to wear a headband if she's uncomfortable?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 6:30 am
saw50st8 wrote:
Why would you force a baby to wear a headband if she's uncomfortable?

I wouldn't but many people do. Stuff their babies in cute things, little booties, headbands, bracelets that look so tight as not to fall off with a billion charms, on purim in thick and heavy costumes they hate....

If you do any of this and are still against piercing babies' ears, I have no words for you.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:35 am
amother wrote:
I wouldn't but many people do. Stuff their babies in cute things, little booties, headbands, bracelets that look so tight as not to fall off with a billion charms, on purim in thick and heavy costumes they hate....

If you do any of this and are still against piercing babies' ears, I have no words for you.
the people who are against piercing are also against all that stuff. I know exactly what type of people are saying “yes of course “ and “no way”. Piercing and headbands go together. And yes, we’ll have a token amother who says no way. Ok so besides for you.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:43 am
I just want to clarify that piercing ears is not painful at all. I just had my ears pierced for the first time, and I was shocked that I absolutely felt NOTHING. It's only when it got infected that it started to hurt, and then I had to take my earrings out ... so the holes closed up and I don't have earrings anymore. But again, it really does NOT hurt, no worries there.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:18 am
amother wrote:
the people who are against piercing are also against all that stuff. I know exactly what type of people are saying “yes of course “ and “no way”. Piercing and headbands go together. And yes, we’ll have a token amother who says no way. Ok so besides for you.
I guess you don't know me... I love all the cute accessories that are available for babies. My girl had two bracelets when I went out the first time after she was born. She had cute hairband (not huge one) had fancy pacifier holder. Had fancy blankets and an adorable little doll in the stroller... And I didn't make her earings. Because I wouldn't make holes in a yummy adorable baby. She is beautiful without it. (yes I know she is beautiful without bracelets too but by me earings was over the line)

creditcards

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:42 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I just want to clarify that piercing ears is not painful at all. I just had my ears pierced for the first time, and I was shocked that I absolutely felt NOTHING. It's only when it got infected that it started to hurt, and then I had to take my earrings out ... so the holes closed up and I don't have earrings anymore. But again, it really does NOT hurt, no worries there.

This usually doesn't happen when you pierce a newborn. I never hear of newborns ears getting infected and closing up...

newlywed613

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:31 am
Cuz they dont touch them...if ur gonna peirce easiest to do wen tiny because they are so used to it they dont realize they are there..they were practically born with them.. which I think is heaven for all u out there dissing those who pierce their babies ears....like srsly we aint talking abt nose rings here.....NORMAL REGULAR UNPAINFUL THING TO DO....nextt

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:33 am
creditcards wrote:
This usually doesn't happen when you pierce a newborn. I never hear of newborns ears getting infected and closing up...

Which is why it really DOES make sense to do it when they're so little. And again, it really doesn't hurt, so you don't have to worry about hurting them.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:36 am
amother wrote:
I strongly disagree.
Growing up, I never met a single woman without ears pierced. In my world, it's a given. They will get pierced. Could care less about buying cutesy earrings for my daughter or showing her off. I want her to have pierced ears like the rest of society, and better to do it when she is 3 weeks old and cries for 5 minutes and forgets about it right after.

This is just so insular! You really haven't met a woman who doesn't have her ears pierced? Well, obviously you haven't met me, because I don't have pierced ears, but it is not just me. I know dozens of women who don't have their ears pierced.

I have never wanted to have my ears pierced. And I have alway been a very girly type of person (in many ways). I like wearing make-up. I've had long hair forever. There are just some things that yuck me out, like pierced ears and eyelash curlers.

It is odd to say that everyone needs to have earrings to be like the "rest of society." You don't know all of society.

Last edited by JoyInTheMorning on Wed, May 30 2018, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Silver

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:37 am
I didnt read through the whole thread. but I did hear a while ago that when the child is young the ears are softer tissue and therefore doesnt hurt more thhen a moment. it should hurt them less the younger they are.

personally I couldnt wait to peirce my dd ears. the excitement was enormous. I dont know why. but little red or pink earings on a girl is the cutest thing. personallly I think girls should have thhem as young as you want to. there is no age or stage. I know someone who doesnt have holes at all and wears clipon earings. no biggy. everyone does what they like.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:49 am
newlywed613 wrote:
Cuz they dont touch them...if ur gonna peirce easiest to do wen tiny because they are so used to it they dont realize they are there..they were practically born with them.. which I think is heaven for all u out there dissing those who pierce their babies ears....like srsly we aint talking abt nose rings here.....NORMAL REGULAR UNPAINFUL THING TO DO....nextt

Back to OP. Her husband doesn’t want it for his dd at this stage (or perhaps ever ?) The most rational answer is - let the kid decide.

newlywed613

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:54 am
I hear....im not getting involved w each persons specific situation...I agree completely that u must do wat works for u...dont wanna get involved in shalom bayis or ur kid being mad.....honestly isnt terrible if u wait till they r big enuf to ask....if u hv hesitation abt doing as baby nunu if u wait....from personal experience my dh wasnt either excited but he saw I rly wanted and lotsa babies get and so we worked it out ...if so imp to u, op then speak it out w ur hubs and decide together....dont decide based on everyone elses opinions....any age ...or never is all good!!!

Ihatepotatoes

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:29 pm
My In laws wanted my daughter to get them in the hospital. I insisted on waiting until she got immunized

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you get them??
I bought some in clairs. It's stickers for the body. And I bought cheaper ones in a shop that sells all kind of stickers for scrapbooking. I found really nice pearls stickers there. It was a package of all different sizes and I used the smaller ones. When she was a bit older I used the bigger ones.

heidi

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:00 pm
bsy wrote:
I can't inflict pain in my baby for no reason. When she wants, she'll ask me, and we'll use it as a reward for something. No way can I make the decision for her.

I specifically waited till my daughter wanted earrings. Till she wanted them badly enough that she was willing to stop sucking her thumb.
See how this works Wink ?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:32 pm
heidi wrote:
I specifically waited till my daughter wanted earrings. Till she wanted them badly enough that she was willing to stop sucking her thumb.
See how this works Wink ?

Oh... I like that.... noting for future use.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics