Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Really upset at my kids right now

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 4:55 pm
My cleaning lady stopped coming two months ago and I haven’t found a replacement yet. My apartment is a mess. The mess overwhelms me and I don’t have time or patience to clean it. I did laundry on Sunday and the drying rack with the clothing is still hanging in the living room. I had my sibilings vort two hours away last night and I am totally exhausted now. I am waiting for dh to come home to help with bedtime and surprise I had ten minutes of peace my kids were playing nicely. Then I heard laughter, the laughter reserved for when little kids are up to no good. I walk into my bedroom and I see my two and three year old have dumped the storage bags of previous seasons clothing that I keep under our beds all over the floor. I am fuming. I can’t even walk into my bedroom now. My bedroom was the one room where I was able to escape the mess. I am so tired right now and my house is a disaster. I can’t ignore it. It’s passed that point.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:33 pm
It's so so frustrating! But they're toddlers & what they did was pretty age appropriate.
Try to sit & breath for afew minutes before you go clean up.

Yocheved_G

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:38 pm
Sorry that you are struggling..
Maybe say thank you to Hashem that they are healthy & physically capable enough to throw clothes around. Please don’t assign ill intentions - they aren’t trying to hurt or upset you.

Wishing you patience & perspective & miraculous strength to get it all done.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:42 pm
Turn on some good music to listen to while you straighten up. One room at a time. You can do it!

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 6:14 pm
Thanks all. The kitchen is done I just need to mop floor. Dining room is next. I literally can’t walk into my bedroom still. It was always my safe haven. When the hiuse was a tornado at least my bedroom was clean. I feel violated seeing the clothing all over the floor.

hila

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 10:08 pm
At least it is clothing, ot make up or shampoo or perfume or something messy.

Dump it back in the boxes and stuff it under the bed. Put your anger there too. They are little kids having fun.

BTDT and now they have little ones of their own (payback time)

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 11:50 pm
I totally understand you, OP. I also struggle with the mess in our house and a cleaning lady is not an option. We also have little kids who make the chaos worse every day - it's an uphill battle. But ב"ה we have kids and they're healthy. Pulling out and scattering random items is what little kids do. Every day, hour, minute. It's their way of exploring the world. And it drives me crazy!!!
That's why I lock my bedroom most of the times when the kids are around. That way they can't destroy my refuge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers