Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Trampoline Help! TIA
1  2  Next

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:11 am
NEED ADVICE!
I am looking to buy a trampoline.
I am debating between these two
Anyone have one of these and can tell me their experience. Ive been reading reviews for days!!
Or just give your opinion Very Happy

A. https://www.amazon.com/Skywalk.....;th=1

B. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

TIA

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:22 am
I can't help with reviews, but please check with your homeowners insurance what their policy is regarding backyard trampolines. Many companies consider it a high liability item and may raise your premiums.

mom39

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:26 am
I agree with the previous post. My daughter recently bought a house and dismantled the existing trampoline bec of the insurance

esther36

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:54 am
And I just bought a trampoline and my kids absolutely love it! We have strict rules but I don't see why it's any less safe than any other outdoor activity the kids do... Biking, rip stick, rollerblading...

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:00 am
esther36 wrote:
And I just bought a trampoline and my kids absolutely love it! We have strict rules but I don't see why it's any less safe than any other outdoor activity the kids do... Biking, rip stick, rollerblading...

Thank you Very Happy

Which one did you get?

monseymom25

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:03 am
I would go with the Skywalker. It's a well known brand. We have the Skywalker 15 ft. And I love it. When I was putting it together the customer service was really helpful.

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:09 am
esther36 wrote:

No one here argued that is was. However - you need to ask the question, what might happen to me, if someone entered my yard and hurt himself on the trampoline? Or what if a friend came over and didn't "follow the rules" and hurt himself on the trampoline.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:14 am
shyshira wrote:
No one here argued that is was. However - you need to ask the question, what might happen to me, if someone entered my yard and hurt himself on the trampoline? Or what if a friend came over and didn't "follow the rules" and hurt himself on the trampoline.

Thanks for your input, BH all of my neighbors have their own trampolines and right now this is an important thing I need to buy for my family for personal reasons. Yes, I would love a swing set instead but we are talking 2,000 vs 2/300.

So while I appreciate the advice, that's not the point of this thread...

Thanks

watergirl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:14 am
shyshira wrote:

Thats easy. You’d get sued. So not worth it. OP - check with your homeowners insurance first! Mine does random drive bys to check properties for them!

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:17 am
esther36 wrote:

What makes it more dangerous is that the safety rules are generally not followed on a trampoline. Specifically the one that stresses only one child at at time should be jumping on it. With the other outdoor toys we teach our children how to to wear the safety equipment and how to use them. But trampolines appear to be innocuous, so we don't bother much with instructions as to how to use them and how to jump safely.

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:20 am
Busy as a bee wrote:
Thanks for your input, BH all of my neighbors have their own trampolines and right now this is an important thing I need to buy for my family for personal reasons. Yes, I would love a swing set instead but we are talking 2,000 vs 2/300.

Thanks

I didn't offer any advice. I responded to a poster.

But here is some...

Perhaps make us all feel better and tell us that you called your insurance company, and you have the coverage that you need to reduce your financial risks associated with having one of these things.

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:22 am
Busy as a bee wrote:

Thanks

And if you're sued for covering the medical costs of an injured party, how much will that run into? Even if all your neighbors have trampolines, it doesn't mean your home insurance covers it.

I'm not advising not to get one, but cover all your bases, and learn the safety rules before you proceed.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:31 am
Like I said, I know all these factors.
Took care of insurance
took care of safety

And honestly I didnt ask for any of that so please stop giving unwanted advice. For all you know I added an extra insurance coverage for this. So either keep the thread on the topic or go open your own

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:31 am
to all who have a trampoline, what are the rules. I could tell my kids when they go to neighbors. I dont own one. but im sure my kids love it. and I would love to know so I could teach it to them. I know that my kids will go with their friends as long as they are existent. so I may as well teach them how to protect themselves. thank you

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:38 am
Bluesky 1 wrote:
to all who have a trampoline, what are the rules. I could tell my kids when they go to neighbors. I dont own one. but im sure my kids love it. and I would love to know so I could teach it to them. I know that my kids will go with their friends as long as they are existent. so I may as well teach them how to protect themselves. thank you

Off the top of my head:

- Only one child a time.
- Only under supervision
- If a child is doing flips or somersaults, teach them how to do it properly so they don't land on their necks.
- Make sure the trampoline is properly secured on the ground, has a strong safety net, and the springs and poles are well padded and covered.
- Do not place near walls, make sure there's enough clearing on all sides to allow the net to flex out.
- Nothing should be underneath the trampoline.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:39 am
Bluesky 1 wrote:

These are the rules my in laws have - and BH no accidents in over 7 years

1. Limit to ? number of ppl jumping at a time (depends in size of the trampoline - they have 3 I think)
2. No toys on the trampoline - bikes etc
3. No touching the net (breaks it) or poles
4. No flips or tricks like that
5. They also have a no liability sign (dont know if that helps)

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:42 am
Busy as a bee wrote:
These are the rules my in laws have - and BH no accidents in over 7 years

1. Limit to ? number of ppl jumping at a time (depends in size of the trampoline - they have 3 I think)
2. No toys on the trampoline - bikes etc
3. No touching the net (breaks it) or poles
4. No flips or tricks like that
5. They also have a no liability sign (dont know if that helps)

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

In response to your first line, (limiting the number of people jumping at a time). All trampolines stress that only ONE person should jump at a time. The majority of trampoline injuries happen when there is more than one person on it, especially when they are of different weight and sizes. They are more likely to bang into one another, fall on top of one another and sustain serious injury.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:53 am
I give up.

Imamother used to be a place to talk and ask advice from other jewish ladies/mothers.
Now, all I see is unasked for preaching, thread hijacking and judgement.
Mods please close this thread, I'll get my advice elsewhere.

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:55 am
Busy as a bee wrote:
I give up.

Imamother used to be a place to talk and ask advice from other jewish ladies/mothers.

I'm sorry that you feel this way. But can you please elaborate where the preaching and judgment was on this thread, so we (or at least I) can learn where this thread went wrong?

I see only advice being given. Perhaps it wasn't the advice that you were looking for, but it was only advice nonetheless.

Last edited by jkl on Wed, May 30 2018, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

WhatFor

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:55 am
Busy as a bee wrote:
I give up.

On Imamother, Topic chooses You.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars