Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Trampoline Help! TIA
Previous  1  2

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:04 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
Like I said, I know all these factors.
Took care of insurance
took care of safety

And honestly I didnt ask for any of that so please stop giving unwanted advice. For all you know I added an extra insurance coverage for this. So either keep the thread on the topic or go open your own

Or you say - thanks for looking out for me. I got that covered....

Your smiley face response to the poster who asked "I don't see why this is any more dangerous than bike riding" worried me.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:04 pm
jkl wrote:
I'm sorry that you feel this way. But can you please elaborate where the preaching, hijacking and judgment was on this thread, so we (or at least I) can learn where this thread went wrong?

I see only advice being given. Perhaps it wasn't the advice that you were looking for, but it was only advice nonetheless.

I said multiple times I worked out all the other parts (insurance safety) and that I dont want that advice, yet people just keep coming with it.
The purpose of the thread was to decide between TWO different trampolines, not to help me decide if I should get one.
Then when I tell others I dont need that advice I get scolded

[quote= "shyshira"] Perhaps make us all feel better and tell us that you called your insurance company, and you have the coverage that you need to reduce your financial risks associated with having one of these things. [/quote]

Unless you are planning on either 1. sending your kids to jump on my trampoline or 2. offering to pay if something chas vshalom happens - if I say I dont want that advice, DONT CONTINUE TO GIVE IT.

The only one who actually honored the thread was "monseymom25" so thank you for that

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:06 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
Unless you are planning on either 1. sending your kids to jump on my trampoline or 2. offering to pay if something chas vshalom happens - if I say I dont want that advice, DONT CONTINUE TO GIVE IT.

The only one who actually honored the thread was "monseymom25" so thank you for that

Perhaps I am.

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:12 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
......Unless you are planning on either 1. sending your kids to jump on my trampoline or 2. offering to pay if something chas vshalom happens - if I say I dont want that advice, DONT CONTINUE TO GIVE IT.

I understand where you are coming from, but isn't this the way 'normal' conversation flows whether its online or in a social setting? Not everyone has the answer to your question, but people feel they have relevant tidbit and chime in and a conversation can end up in a completely different place than from where it started. It doesn't have anything to do with being judgmental or preachy, it's a normal human pattern of behavior.

The ones who will have a direct answer to your question will chime in too, eventually. But the information you're asking here is not general knowledge. You'll need to wait patiently for the person who has the info you're seeking to see your post and offer a response. In the meantime, the rest of us get to socialize online and exchange comments and other info on the subject. This is a public forum after all.

Bluesky 1

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:14 pm
seriously whats up with imamother! why cant you help out a yiddishe mama, please stop giving unasked for advice. if you wanna say something off topic like advice then do your own
spinoff. its not that hard. would you want this when you post a question? please think of others before you post. .

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:18 pm
Bluesky 1 wrote:
seriously whats up with imamother! why cant you help out a yiddishe mama, please stop giving unasked for advice. if you wanna say something off topic like advice then do your own
spinoff. its not that hard. would you want this when you post a question? please think of others before you post. .

We can't help out because we don't know the answer. And I believe this site is a social blog, not specifically a question/answer forum. So if a conversation is started, people will start a discussion about the topic on hand, even if it digresses a little bit. Hopefully, someone(s) who has answers to the OP's question will chime in too, but no one is behaving inappropriately here.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:21 pm
jkl wrote:
I understand where you are coming from, but isn't this the way 'normal' conversation flows whether its online or in a social setting? Not everyone has the answer to your question, but people feel they have relevant tidbit and chime in and a conversation can end up in a completely different place than from where it started. It doesn't have anything to do with being judgmental or preachy, it's a normal human pattern of behavior.

The ones who will have a direct answer to your question will chime in too, eventually. But the information you're asking here is not general knowledge. You'll need to wait patiently for the person who has the info you're seeking to see your post and offer a response. In the meantime, the rest of us get to socialize online and exchange comments and other info on the subject. This is a public forum after all.

Normal conversation respects when you say - thanks but no thanks for the advice.

I understand people posting it. But when I say enough and that's not respected rather it just makes it worse, that's the part that upsets and frustrates me.

Oh my goodness, if I ask for advice on which laundry pods are best and people go into a whole rant and side convo about the dangers of laundry pods then yes, that is hijacking and just not nice. I know they have dangers, but I want to use them and thank you for your advice but its not asked for or wanted to just stop!

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:28 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
Normal conversation respects when you say - thanks but no thanks for the advice.

I understand people posting it. But when I say enough and that's not respected rather it just makes it worse, that's the part that upsets and frustrates me.

Oh my goodness, if I ask for advice on which laundry pods are best and people go into a whole rant and side convo about the dangers of laundry pods then yes, that is hijacking and just not nice. I know they have dangers, but I want to use them and thank you for your advice but its not asked for or wanted to just stop!

We look out for each other. That’s part of being in a community.

jkl

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:29 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:

While you're the OP of the thread, not everyone is responding to you. Just like in other social settings, people respond to one another regardless of who started the conversation. While you are more than entitled to keep on plugging your question in an attempt to get some answers, why aren't people entitled to respond to one another on a social blog? Other posters asked some questions here, (I.e., what are the safety rules) too. And in actuality, it raises your chance of getting a response to your original question, because it keeps the thread in the forefront, instead of fading down the long lists of new threads.

shyshira

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 12:38 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
These are the rules my in laws have - and BH no accidents in over 7 years

1. Limit to ? number of ppl jumping at a time (depends in size of the trampoline - they have 3 I think)
2. No toys on the trampoline - bikes etc
3. No touching the net (breaks it) or poles
4. No flips or tricks like that
5. They also have a no liability sign (dont know if that helps)

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

As per bolded, It does not...

mompower

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:17 pm
I was actually following this thread cuz we’re looking to buy a trampoline too.

What an odd thread.

All Op wants is an answer to her question. She’s not doing anything that breaks any laws or Halacha. She specified that she knows all issues involving trampolines.

I guess we will need to get info someplace else. None of the responders seem to have trampolines anyway.

Op if you come to a decision please let us know. Will be very helpful!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:28 pm
Consumer Reports can give you stats on any product you want to review.

I'm just going to add (not that you asked) that I hope you have a very high fence and a lock on the gate. Otherwise, your back yard is going to be the most popular place on the block.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:36 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Consumer Reports can give you stats on any product you want to review.

I'm just going to add (not that you asked) that I hope you have a very high fence and a lock on the gate. Otherwise, your back yard is going to be the most popular place on the block.

I do thanks Very Happy
And most of my neighbors have their own. They are very popular... .

esther36

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:46 pm
Since I can't post anonymously I can't tell u where I bought it since many ppl I know irl are on imamother and I don't wanna out myself but I'll just say I bought it locally and it's a 12 ft one made by propel:)

InnerMe

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:05 pm
mompower wrote:
I was actually following this thread cuz we’re looking to buy a trampoline too.

What an odd thread.

All Op wants is an answer to her question. She’s not doing anything that breaks any laws or Halacha. She specified that she knows all issues involving trampolines.

I guess we will need to get info someplace else. None of the responders seem to have trampolines anyway.

Op if you come to a decision please let us know. Will be very helpful!

I agree.

This thread is odd.

Op, I have no advice on which trampoline. But I understand your frustration in this thread. Especially that you have repeatedly stated that you are not looking for advice.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:09 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I agree.

This thread is odd.

Op, I have no advice on which trampoline. But I understand your frustration in this thread. Especially that you have repeatedly stated that you are not looking for advice.

Thanks Very Happy

melbee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:20 pm
We have a Skywalker Trampoline and the kids love it. I don't know the exact size, but can look it up if you want. I know it's the largest one in our neighborhood.

One thing I learned is that if you live in a snowy area, you need to either dismantle the trampoline or keep it clear of snow. The snow can weigh down the mat and stretch the springs over time, making it dangerous. I saw the snow was making our net sag down and we had to shovel it off a few times, which was not so fun.

Busy as a bee

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:24 pm
melbee wrote:
We have a Skywalker Trampoline and the kids love it. I don't know the exact size, but can look it up if you want. I know it's the largest one in our neighborhood.

One thing I learned is that if you live in a snowy area, you need to either dismantle the trampoline or keep it clear of snow. The snow can weigh down the mat and stretch the springs over time, making it dangerous. I saw the snow was making our net sag down and we had to shovel it off a few times, which was not so fun.

Thanks,

I live in maryland so not so much snow down here...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars