Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
New City Condos/Heritage Dr? Monsey
1  2  3  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:11 pm
A friend recommended to me that we look into these condos. New City Condos? Some people just call it Heritage drive condos? I’m not from monsey but strongly looking to move and considering this area. Can anyone tell me who lives there? All frum? What schools is it near? Its condos but more like townhomes. Is there an HOA? I looked online and think so. What can you tell me? Thanks.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
A friend recommended to me that we look into these condos. New City Condos? Some people just call it Heritage drive condos? I’m not from monsey but strongly looking to move and considering this area. Can anyone tell me who lives there? All frum? What schools is it near? Its condos but more like townhomes. Is there an HOA? I looked online and think so. What can you tell me? Thanks.

I live in new city. It is NOT NEAR the Jewish community. Maybe walking distance to chabad but will still be far. I can point to where to look if u want to move to new city

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:21 pm
amother wrote:
I live in new city. It is NOT NEAR the Jewish community. Maybe walking distance to chabad but will still be far. I can point to where to look if u want to move to new city

Really? I was told that frum people live in there. Literally, my friend named a family who just moved there.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:38 pm
amother wrote:
Really? I was told that frum people live in there. Literally, my friend named a family who just moved there.

Regular frum family???? I am surprised. I don't know of anyone who lives near there. There are no shuls besides chabad I think. Closer to Buena Vista there are 5 shuls and a real community. Also there is no eruv there.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:40 pm
amother wrote:

It's possible. They may be from the first. New City has been becoming frum in only the last couple of years. Whoever moved out to these areas are the pioneers. In a couple of years it will be completely different than it is now.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:47 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
It's possible. They may be from the first. New City has been becoming frum in only the last couple of years. Whoever moved out to these areas are the pioneers. In a couple of years it will be completely different than it is now.

So maybe its smart to move there now before housing goes up? The house will be worth a fortune? No?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone tell me who lives there? All frum? What schools is it near? Its condos but more like townhomes. Is there an HOA? I looked online and think so. What can you tell me? Thanks.
lol I didn’t know there is ANY frum there. It’s is not in a frum community. Not to say you can’t move out of the frum community. But if you’re looking for a frum community near schools etc. , that’s not it.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
So maybe its smart to move there now before housing goes up? The house will be worth a fortune? No?
no. Real estate doesn’t always work that way. Especially when it’s not a single family house and it’s part of a complex.
Lots of people took that gamble in spring valley and it was an epic failure.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
lol I didn’t know there is ANY frum there. It’s is not in a frum community. Not to say you can’t move out of the frum community. But if you’re looking for a frum community near schools etc. , that’s not it.

Wow. Mind is boggled why this family moved there then! It looks so great in the zillow pics!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:04 pm
I cant understand then why my friend said to look here? I just looked online and 5 units recently sold. Maybe to frum people?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
no. Real estate doesn’t always work that way. Especially when it’s not a single family house and it’s part of a complex.
Lots of people took that gamble in spring valley and it was an epic failure.

What happened in spring valley? Isnt YSV there?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:14 pm
amother wrote:
What happened in spring valley? Isnt YSV there?
no, it’s not. It’s in Monsey.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:
I cant understand then why my friend said to look here? I just looked online and 5 units recently sold. Maybe to frum people?
probably not. Most frum people look for a shul in walking distance. A chabad shul that caters to non religious Jews usually isn’t sufficient. Obviously for some people it’s good enough. It’s up to you.
Also, are you looking for a place to live, or a good investment? Something can be a great investment, but a bad place to live. Or it can be a bad investment, but a great place to live. Ultimately the point is it should suit your needs. Having a high Value Home doesn’t help you much until you want to sell it. If you’re not looking to flip the house, you need to suit your needs.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:19 pm
OP you need to do more research. For me the number one thing was making sure there was a shul that was walking distance for Shabbos.
As far as I know the kids that live in New City commute daily to the Monsey area schools.
There is no kosher supermarket there as far as I know. You would have to shop 20 min away.
Its one thing to buy a private home in a not yet frum area since the value of the land will go up. That doesn't happen in a condo. Eventually the condo falls apart and you are left with no value. If you buy a private home , that can get old and fall apart but your piece of land still is worth money.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
probably not. Most frum people look for a shul in walking distance. A chabad shul that caters to non religious Jews usually isn’t sufficient. Obviously for some people it’s good enough. It’s up to you.
Also, are you looking for a place to live, or a good investment? Something can be a great investment, but a bad place to live. Or it can be a bad investment, but a great place to live. Ultimately the point is it should suit your needs. Having a high Value Home doesn’t help you much until you want to sell it. If you’re not looking to flip the house, you need to suit your needs.

We plan to live there, wherever we buy.

My friend said its in the price range that I wanted and in an up and coming area. No shuls nearby? And no eruv? So weird!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:24 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
OP you need to do more research. For me the number one thing was making sure there was a shul that was walking distance for Shabbos.
As far as I know the kids that live in New City commute daily to the Monsey area schools.
There is no kosher supermarket there as far as I know. You would have to shop 20 min away.
Its one thing to buy a private home in a not yet frum area since the value of the land will go up. That doesn't happen in a condo. Eventually the condo falls apart and you are left with no value. If you buy a private home , that can get old and fall apart but your piece of land still is worth money.

What area do the frum people live in in new city?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:28 pm
Just looked it up on Zillow. It is THE CHEAPEST house in new city. I’d be very weary if I were you. Find out what kind of people live in that complex.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:29 pm
amother wrote:
We plan to live there, wherever we buy.

My friend said its in the price range that I wanted and in an up and coming area. No shuls nearby? And no eruv? So weird!

OP I live in Chestnut Ridge. When I moved there, there wasn't an eruv for over a year. That's normal for newly frum areas but you need a shul that's walking distance.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:32 pm
amother wrote:
What area do the frum people live in in new city?
the part that’s in east ramapo school district. House values go up a lot once your in Clarkstown, which is a much better school system, therefore more expensive.
Look into haverstraw, it’s cheaper. Maybe someone has more info for you on the frum areas.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Just looked it up on Zillow. It is THE CHEAPEST house in new city. I’d be very weary if I were you. Find out what kind of people live in that complex.

I thought that I’d find out about the people who live in the complex on here! Ugh.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries