Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Starting my 15 yr old on VIVANSE-What to expect?

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 2:13 pm
Title says it all. After my son finally agreed to take something to help his ADHD we are at the point where he will be starting VIVANSE 30 mg tomorrow. What should I expect?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:05 pm
My son is on it for about a month now...we see significant improvement in school, no appetite at all during the day, can’t fall asleep at night.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:08 pm
My experience was a constant inability to shut down/shut up. I just kept going and talking on and on. But everyone reacts to meds differently.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 3:50 pm
Following,
We are starting out 9 yr old son on it tomorrow....

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 4:44 pm
amother wrote:
My experience was a constant inability to shut down/shut up. I just kept going and talking on and on. But everyone reacts to meds differently.

My child was on it but then stopped it because of stomachaches .
When we increased the dose; he has this reaction he just kept going on and on.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:19 pm
amothers above when you switched meds, which was the drug of choice for you? what did you find did work. His therapist had suggested adderall but it isn't covered under his insurance.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:23 pm
11 yr son has been on it with no side effect however switched him now to concerta cause it is suppose to last longer hours and take effect quicker

exhausted

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 8:34 pm
amother wrote:
amothers above when you switched meds, which was the drug of choice for you? what did you find did work. His therapist had suggested adderall but it isn't covered under his insurance.

Speak to your pharmacist. My insurance wouldn't cover one form (pills or capsules) but did cover the other one. The pharmacist actually pointed that out to me, I called the doctor and he was happy to change it.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 9:27 pm
amother wrote:

Ritalin 2x a day

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 9:46 pm
My husband was on 30 mg a day and increased to 40, surprised a child is starting at 30mg.

It worked amazing, stopped we can't afford and not covered.
He's ADD, very not hyper, so was not our issue.
Almost thinking of going back and paying as he can actually work when on it, so probably worth it.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:17 pm
I was on it for a few years at 70 mg as I was coming from something else that did not help and was on 40 or so... I was able to concentrate in school a ton better but had a decreased appetite. had no sleeping problems (only when I took after 9 am or so did I have sleeping probs eg not going to bed till after 2 am)

wish I can go back on it to help with my add now...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children