Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Non-name brand diapers
1  2  Next

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 7:23 pm
So, we've been using pampers for two years now and I'm very happy, but my husband thinks that we can save some money by using non-name brand diapers. I've tried huggies and they leaked so I'm not too thrilled about trying others. I heard that people don't like luvs. ANyone use kirkland (from costco) or especially for baby (babies r us brand)?? They are SOOO much cheaper!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 7:28 pm
I always use the rite aid or target brand and they're just fine. Never saw a big difference.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 7:33 pm
Off-brand diapers are fine and definately save $$$.

Try it once, all u have to lose is 1 pkg... (<$10?)

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 8:20 pm
I use pampers too. I have used luvs and did not like them-they leaked! (Oh the horror! to have to clean all those clothes!) Now that hardly ever happens. I Also used Kirkland diapers and have found them quite good too. (Although I only used them for the first size-size 1-2.) It is a saving if you can get them. But if you go online, you can also find pampers on sale plus coupons and other bonuses.
(BTW, The way to calculate how good the price is, is to divide the total price by the amount of diapers in the pack. Try it with pamper sales and you just might see that there isnt such a difference compared to off brand products price per piece.)

MMEC123

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 8:25 pm
You can get good prices on name brands at 1800diapers.com. The pampers I buy were 1/2 the price on that site than I paid in the stores.

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 8:33 pm
White Cloud from Walmart are terrific diapers. Better than Luvs or Pampers.

Maya

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 8:45 pm
I also buy at 1800diapers.com

I never tried the other generic brands, but when I did buy Luvs to save some money (the diff. of a package from Huggies was $5!!) I always regretteed it. Now, I use it sometimes during the day, but for the night I use Huggies Overnites, which are great.

Clarissa

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 9:03 pm
We only use Kirkland, from Costco, for both diapers and wipes. We like them as well as any other brand out there. In fact, with our first kid, we had problems with one of the other brands (big name one, can't recall which) leaking, and went right back to the Kirkland ones.

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 9:04 pm
I don't think it pays to buy non name brand diapers. You just end up changing the baby more because the diapers get more easily soiled. If you figure out the amount of extra diapers you use then you will find there is absolutely no savings, sometimes you are spending proportionately more.

newmom

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 9:12 pm
I tried the cheaper ones a few times and always ended up throwing out the bag or giving it away. They always leaked/caused rashes/had annoying tabs.
I'm sticking to pampers swaddlers and cruisers. (I don't even like the baby dry because of the closure.) Okay, you can call me a diaper snob!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 9:32 pm
1. buy in bulk (cases)
2. Try different brands. personally, I'm fine with Luvs. I use Cruisers for my kids at night, because sometimes they'll leak through if they've drinken a lot.
If you go to Cosco or Toys R Us, definately try their brands. Most are fine, from my experience.
There is a time period, I've found with my kids, when they're learnign to sit that many diapers leak UP, in that the #2 goes up the back of the diaper. But usually they're fine.
hatzlocha!

avimom

Post Sun, Nov 11 2007, 10:07 pm
ok, so I just did some price chekcing and I discovered that we paid LESS for pampers last night in BJs than the kirkland cost! Pampers were 198 size 5 diapers for $40. The kirkland cost more than that!! So, now I'm thinking about the babies r us brand. The days after thanksgiving they are having a sale for $10 a box on that brand and I want to know if it's worth it, or if those doapers leak. otherwise I'm sticking to pampers and just thinking about doapers as a major expense.

gigi

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 9:57 am
I have used babies r us brand and have found them to be excellent. unfortuantely we don't have a babies r us where we live, or I'd use them all the time.

you should know, that different diapers fit differently on
different babies.
for example,
huggies fits skinnier babies better, while pampers fit babies with a more ample middle.

you really just have to go by trial and error.

a lady who has 12 kids once told me,
"buy the cheapest, you have to change them often anyway to prevent rashes, and you don't want them sitting in pee. so it doesn't matter if a more expensive brand hold more. they should really be changed more anyway."

momluv

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 10:22 am
we started my son off in pampers but he got diaper rashes pretty often, he has very sensitive skin. although huggies is a pain in the neck in the aspect that they leak almost every day, I was stuck with those. at 9 months I switched back to pampers and I am b''h as happy as a lark!! it's great. I have used kirkland by my mother but its not as soft as pampers.

Tovah

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 10:25 am
I use kirkland diapers and like them, but the are very simular to huggies. abit better quality. so if your baby leaks thru huggies he might just leak thru the kirkland.

anuta

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 10:29 am
Costco brand a good, but they are not soooo much cheaper than pampers, and the same price as pampers with a coupon.

I recently discovered CVS supreme (in a purple package) diapers. They are great quality, and don't irrite my son's skin (every other brand with the exception of pampers and costco does! huggies are terrible, he gets a huge rash...)

CVS supreme cost about $7 for a standard size package, and if you get their (free) exra care card, you will always get a checkout coupon for $2 off $10 CVS-brand purchase. This past week these dipers were on promotion - 2 packages for $12, with a coupon its $5 per package, less than half of pampers!
Their brand wipes (I get hypoallergenic without scent) are also very good; they are the same as "old" costo ones. They have a package of 3 refills for $4.99, and sometimes they go on sale for $3.99. If you buy several with an extra care coupon you can get them for about $1 a package!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Nov 23 2007, 10:43 am
yentagolda wrote:
we started my son off in pampers but he got diaper rashes pretty often, he has very sensitive skin. although huggies is a pain in the neck
That's funny -- we had the opposite problem! Huggies gave a rash (even after a year), but Pampers didn't. Just goes to show what works for one does not work for another.

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Nov 24 2007, 10:31 pm
I am allergic to pampers and luvs---the scent of the diapers kills me. I always preferred huggies as they are unscented. Also my kids are tall and thin so huggies fit them better. when I buy the store brands/pampers/luvs, I find I need a size up to compensate for the length of the huggies.

I have tried most store brands, most of them are really good, but I always get a size bigger then I would buy if I were using the huggies.

Gsanmb

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 9:39 pm
Just to know, Kirkland (costco) diapers are made by Kimberly Clark; they are the same as Huggies.

anuta

Post Fri, Dec 07 2007, 12:30 pm
Gsanmb wrote:
Just to know, Kirkland (costco) diapers are made by Kimberly Clark; they are the same as Huggies.

They are NOT the same as Huggies, because my son has an allergy to Huggies, but not to Kirkland ones.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics