Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Mishna Brura TOC-English

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 7:11 pm
Learned ladies and those who have access to other learned folk, can anyone please help me out here.

I am working on a course listing for the study of halacha. I can either sit and translate every item in the Table of Contents of the Mishnah Berurah, (and then have the instructors break it down by how much they will cover each semester), or, just maybe, I am hoping there's an English translation of the Mishnah Berurah (preferably on-line to save me typing but I guess if I can locate a scan of it I can have someone type it for me).

If anyone knows where to find this I will be so grateful!

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 5:03 am
amother wrote:
Learned ladies and those who have access to other learned folk, can anyone please help me out here.

I am working on a course listing for the study of halacha. I can either sit and translate every item in the Table of Contents of the Mishnah Berurah, (and then have the instructors break it down by how much they will cover each semester), or, just maybe, I am hoping there's an English translation of the Mishnah Berurah (preferably on-line to save me typing but I guess if I can locate a scan of it I can have someone type it for me).

If anyone knows where to find this I will be so grateful!

The MB does not have a table of contents. It's a commentary on Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim and the table of contents in a printed set containing OC, the MB, and other commentaries, is that of the OC. Here is a partially translated table of contents of the OC. But maybe the section titles at the beginning which are all translated might be enough. And Here's another partial table of contents which might fill in some gaps in the previous or might not, I didn't compare the two.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 3:44 pm
Amazing! Thank you! That should do it. You have saved me countless hours of toil! You should be gebentched with everything good!

(Now I scratch my head wondering why DH didn't think of that Smile

seeker

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 5:47 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Mishnah.....PQ1VJ
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions