Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Hello kitty is an Idol!
1  2  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:54 pm
Someone mentioned that mandalas is an avodah zara. So is Yoga and guess what so is Hello Kitty!
Hello Kitty is actually an idol. I was shocked when I heard this yesterday. I did my research and what do you know ? hello Kitty is an idol. My friend's grandmother asked a shalah and the dayan (probably Bobov 45) said that since people's parnasah rely on it you should not tell people.
Look, me myself, I would not stop buying hello Kitty. But it is an interesting fact.

amother
Green

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 10:59 pm
Why don't you share the evidence with all of us?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:09 pm
amother wrote:
Why don't you share the evidence with all of us?

Yes, please do. I recently wrote an article about Hello Kitty for a kids' magazine and only came up with the most kosher, innocuous information.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:17 pm
Just Google it!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
Just Google it!

It was a sarcastic joke.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
Just Google it!

Yes, I just did. There's nothing about Hello Kitty even remotely resembling what the OP said. Hello Kitty is a fictional cartoon character who was created by a Japanese woman. It's just as much an idol as bugs bunny.

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:29 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Yes, I just did. There's nothing about Hello Kitty even remotely resembling what the OP said. Hello Kitty is a fictional cartoon character who was created by a Japanese woman. It's just as much an idol as bugs bunny.

The Sanrio president was saying Mickey Mouse and Hello Kitty are not a mouse and a cat respectively. They are idols.

I can't believe this was taken seriously.

giselle

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:37 pm
You also shouldn’t shop at Zara.

Think about it.

mommyla

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:37 pm
Oy vey.

Perhaps “icon” would be a better word.

OutATowner

Post Wed, May 30 2018, 11:43 pm
Anything can be an idol of you make it into one.
Until then, let's enjoy one of the few children's characters that is still innocent. Now Disney we can debate a different time...

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 12:14 am
mommyla wrote:
Oy vey.

Perhaps “icon” would be a better word.

The president was responding to questions if Hello Kitty was a cat which is a ridiculous question to begin with.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 12:20 am
amother wrote:
hello Kitty is an idol. My friend's grandmother asked a shalah and the dayan (probably Bobov 45) said that since people's parnasah rely on it you should not tell people.
this is the part I find most disturbing. What kind of Judaism is this?

debsey

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 12:34 am
Helllo Kitty is loosely based off the japanese tradition of "kitsune" which are like cat spirits who can be mischevous or friendly.

So sort of like Tinker Bell or Peter Pan. Not really something you'd worship (although you can clap if you believe in fairies if you like......)

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 7:11 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

I am not sure why this got 8 likes. It is an easy google search.

I always wonder what query ladies use that they don't find things on the first try and then claim it doesn't exist.

Would you mind sharing it with me?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 7:42 am
Is anyone else bothered by singing contests on TV that have the word "Idol" in the title?

I mean, how could any self respescting Jew compete in that, or even watch it?

zaq

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 7:52 am
Icon is punkt NOT a better term. The original meaning of the word is a small religious shrine, usually Christian, usually consisting of an image of a “saint” or oto ha-ish, often embellished with candles, flowers, and other offerings, before which people prayed.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:10 am
Squishy wrote:
I am not sure why this got 8 likes. It is an easy google search.

I always wonder what query ladies use that they don't find things on the first try and then claim it doesn't exist.

Would you mind sharing it with me?

I googled, and found Sanrio President: Hello Kitty Isn't a Cat, She's an Idol. But then I found this in the article. "Hello Kitty is not a cat. If Hello Kitty is a cat, then Mickey is a mouse. That's not how it's said, as Kitty is Kitty, and Mickey is Mickey. It's funny saying it, but the reason is because both Kitty and Mickey are idols. If you say 'mouse' or 'cat,' then that rationale cannot be understood."

But is someone claiming that both Hello Kitty and Mickey Mouse are representatives of false gods, and are worshipped in religious ceremonies? And what are they smoking?

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:16 am
zaq wrote:
Icon is punkt NOT a better term. The original meaning of the word is a small religious shrine, usually Christian, usually consisting of an image of a “saint” or oto ha-ish, often embellished with candles, flowers, and other offerings, before which people prayed.

And that's why when they install an internet filter or make a kosher smartphone they also take all the icons off.

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:16 am
imasoftov wrote:
I googled, and found Sanrio President: Hello Kitty Isn't a Cat, She's an Idol. But then I found this in the article. "Hello Kitty is not a cat. If Hello Kitty is a cat, then Mickey is a mouse. That's not how it's said, as Kitty is Kitty, and Mickey is Mickey. It's funny saying it, but the reason is because both Kitty and Mickey are idols. If you say 'mouse' or 'cat,' then that rationale cannot be understood."

But is someone claiming that both Hello Kitty and Mickey Mouse are representatives of false gods, and are worshipped in religious ceremonies? And what are they smoking?

LOL I know what to put in to get results.

I am wondering what ladies put in their goggle search and can't get results. This is not the first thread where someone claimed something isn't on google when it is easily found with just a cursory search.

I was involved in a recent thread and stated something that had many sources. Another poster claimed she couldn't google it implying I made it up.

imasoftov

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by singing contests on TV that have the word "Idol" in the title?

I mean, how could any self respescting Jew compete in that, or even watch it?

Get back to me when people start praying to statues of the winners.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics