Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Podcast suggestions

gr8 mom

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 5:15 pm
Any light entertaining podcasts to download and listen to? Maybe also interesting educational ones ... Need what to listen to while on the plane...

bigsis144

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 5:20 pm
I enjoy Shmanners, a podcast about the history of etiquette, with advice for the modern age.

The husband and wife who host it (Travis and Teresa McElroy) are adorable, and this particular podcast is clean, unless you’re listening to an episode like The Etiquette of Swearing 😉

Their network, Maximum Fun, has zillions of awesome podcasts, but I can’t vouch for the language/cleanliness of them all.

shoshiesavannah

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:27 pm
I really enjoy the podcast “Cults” if you’re into that sort of thing. It’s really interesting and I always end up doing research after an episode because I’ve learned so much! Very clean, and if there’s any disturbing details they give a warning in the beginning about what’s to be discussed.

greenhelm

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 8:43 pm
History chicks - entertaining and educational!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:47 pm
Npr wait wait dont tell me.. Its entertaining, some news thrown in and somtimes hilarious

tichellady

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 1:35 am
Hidden brain, invisibilia, the longest shortest time, this is love...

Sadie

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 2:52 am
I like: Stuff you missed in history class, this American life, wait wait don’t tell me, invisibilia, storycorps, fresh air, streetwise Hebrew (entertaining hebrew lesson in English) and I also like true crime so I listened to darker stuff like serial, s-town, in the dark, dirty John, which not everyone will enjoy (some are really not clean)
If you understand Yiddish but are modernish I recommend Vaybertaytsh: a feminist podcast in Yiddish.

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 10:59 am
I enjoy Dear Hank and John. Authors and vlog brothers Hank and John Green (TFIOS) answer questions from fans. Can get pretty funny sometimes, but wouldn’t call it terribly educational.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 11:08 am
Dr. Laura Schlessinger

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Jun 08 2018, 11:18 am
This American Life
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics