Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby’s full of nits, I am at my wits!!
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:16 pm
Any experience with lice, nits in little kids? My daughter had lice and then my toddler son. Then I noticed my 12 mo baby son with tons!!! And he’s got very little hair. Treated them all with a good lice killing homeopathic spray and then combed the lice out. But the nits stick to the hair!! How can I remove?? They’re hopefully dead from the spray but still hanging on tight!! Help!

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:23 pm
Did you fine comb it after you sprayed it? Make sure to wash the pillowcase/ sheet in hot water.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:41 pm
When I was a kid I got lice and my mom put mayonnaise in my hair, covered it with a shower cap and left it over night. The next morning she combed with a lice comb and everything came out. Bugs, eggs, everything. My hair felt amazing too after she washed it. It was soft and smooth, not frizzy like usual. I was probably 5 or 6.

Maybe you could leave it in the baby's hair during the day instead if over night?

If you don't want to do mayo maybe try coconut oil or some other oil?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
When I was a kid I got lice and my mom put mayonnaise in my hair, covered it with a shower cap and left it over night. The next morning she combed with a lice comb and everything came out. Bugs, eggs, everything. My hair felt amazing too after she washed it. It was soft and smooth, not frizzy like usual. I was probably 5 or 6.

Maybe you could leave it in the baby's hair during the day instead if over night?

If you don't want to do mayo maybe try coconut oil or some other oil?

When my daughter had nits they put conditioner in the hair - lots and lots slathered all over... then they combed it out with a nit comb - the conditioner stops the lice from moving and makes the eggs come out more easily

lylac

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:44 pm
Put a LOT of good quality conditioner ( like tresemme or pantene) on the hair, cover with a shower cap or bathing cap, then wait about an hour, and go through the hair with a very fine tooth lice comb, should take care of it. If not, call the lice lady, there are a few in boro park or lakewood, I dont have their info but im sure someone here does or google it. I dont know if the baby will tolerate this treatment, but it works for kids who can..
Hatzlucha!

esther11

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:50 pm
Recently went through something similar with my 18 month old. I found that a really good comb makes a big difference. This is the one we used and liked a lot.
https://www.amazon.com/ORIGINA.....0UFIC

cozyblanket

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:52 pm
Years ago, someone taught me this:

After the lice killing shampoo...

You will need Pantene conditioner ( davka pantne bc its so thick and creamy), a good ( metal) lice comb and rubbing alcohol.

1. Put Pantene on a portion of hair. Massage it til the ends.

2. Dip the comb in a container filled with rubbing alcohol before every single comb through you do.

3. Comb through once. Wipe the comb on paper towel.

Continue dipping, combing and wiping until you have done the whole head thoroughly.

Warning: it takes a long time. Put on a kosher video for them. But it works. I did it many times in a row and they were clean. I don't remember how many times I did it. Maybe every day for a week and then every other day for another week or 2? I don't recall.

Oy. Hatzlacha.

cozyblanket

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:57 pm
Wow, a lot of similar cross posts!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 9:57 pm
You literally need to comb out each bit out of the hair. Otherwise they’ll stay.

There are people who do this for you if you’re ready to pay.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:02 pm
Thanks everyone for replying. The comb on amazon is unavailable. My comb is supposed to be a good one but doesnt take out All nits. Will have to look for a better one. I will try the conditioner for an hour for my baby. He has such tiny thin hair, amazing how they chose to live there. Gross. And I keep washing their linen in hot water. Toddler is getting payes soon so I’m happy he’ll be over. But my baby doesn’t sit still for a min, hope it’ll work! Thanks to all

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:07 pm
Did you make sure that you and DH are clean too?

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:11 pm
There is a newer method that the professionals are doing now. My SIL does professional not removal in the five towns area and my sister does it in Flatbush. They gave you purchase a certain shampoo and a special nit comb. They do comb outs etc .as opposed to individually picking the nits. It's a long and tedious process.
Also make sure that you are putting all the laundry in a very hot dryer.

reality mom

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:12 pm
Look for the Nisska comb. It's supposed to be one if the best out there.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:31 pm
reality mom wrote:
Look for the Nisska comb. It's supposed to be one if the best out there.

Thank you, hope my local pharmacy has it. No time to order online.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:34 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Did you make sure that you and DH are clean too?

Are you kidding me?? We we were both so itchy the day I cleaned my baby, which made me emotionally drained btw, that we kept combing ourselves too!! Thank G I shave!
And I washed my linen too cuz baby nurses in bed!

esther11

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 10:53 pm
Here’s another link to the same comb, but here it’s available:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016.....psc=1

amother
Oak

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:27 pm
esther11 wrote:
Here’s another link to the same comb, but here it’s available:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016.....psc=1

Thank you so much! Really nice of you, will get a hold of this asap

losingweight

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:28 pm
The nisska comb is the best. All pharmacies in heimish neighborhoods carry it. You can also put baby oil gel on his hair so the nits slide off.

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, May 31 2018, 11:33 pm
À friend of mine rewashes hair after combing, and leaves conditioner in 'round-the-clock' for at least a week.

In addition to your and DH hair, and linen /pillows, you need to check your sheitals too!

I use lavenday or tea tree oil as a preventative afterwards...
Hatzlochoh raboh!!!

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Jun 01 2018, 12:13 am
Earlier this year my kids got lice and after months of trying to battle it myself, I surrendered and we took the whole family to a lice removal clinic. They used a heat drying technology that came with a guarantee, cost hundreds of dollars but BH worked. You can’t use it on infants unfortunately.

However, the practitioner who did the treatment told me that any white nits you find almost glued to the hair are the dead shells of eggs. The live eggs are tiny black dots on the scalp, and you need to worry about removing them, but removing the white nits is just for aesthetics. The lower down the hair shaft you find them, the older and the longer dead they are.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics