Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
ISO training bras online for teens
1  2  Next

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 10:23 am
Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase some bras for DD who is starting to develop? She does not need regular ones, however, the old navy training ones that she is wearing are absolutely useless and offer no support. Any assistance, and links, would be greatly appreciated. Ty

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 10:24 am
Maybe Gap
The Lingerie shop has great ones. I wonder if they sell them online though.

baltomom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:00 am
Target has a bunch of varieties, very reasonably priced.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:22 am
If she needs support, why not purchase a proper bra?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
If she needs support, why not purchase a proper bra?

She needs minimal support and she isn't comfortable with that yet. She wants something over her head. Any links appreciated!

NYmommy

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:35 am
Walmart and kohls have. I wish I can find a pack of all whites for reasonable price

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
She needs minimal support and she isn't comfortable with that yet. She wants something over her head. Any links appreciated!

Do a search for a sports bras since it sounds like that's what she wants, but it will flatten her out.
Where are you located? There are places she can try these on without anyone needing to measure her.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 12:04 pm
Let me clarify. She has started to develop, not much there, but definitely something there. Old navy's are useless. I need something that will hold up whatever chest she has, so it doesn't sag. I don't need something to make her flat. Hope that helps. I'm in brooklyn, but she will not go to any store with me. She is a larger size girl, and is self conscience enough as it is.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 12:26 pm
I know what you meant. She needs a real bra for sagging. Measure her at home and purchase 2-3 options that the local shop allows you to return.

familyfirst

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 1:42 pm
I would be horrified if my other measured me. Or even if I gave her the measurements.
Just saying.

Children's place has camis with bralettes sewn into them. I think only online.

Good luck with this sensitive stage. I admire your sensitivity to your daughter's comfort level.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 2:25 pm
familyfirst wrote:
I would be horrified if my other measured me. Or even if I gave her the measurements.
Just saying.

Children's place has camis with bralettes sewn into them. I think only online.

Good luck with this sensitive stage. I admire your sensitivity to your daughter's comfort level.

Thanks for understanding me.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 2:34 pm
I care about being sensitive to the teen too and I also care about the same teen being teased for not wearing the right undergarments that hold her up.
If you must purchase online then buy a bunch that are returnable. Training bras are just half undershirts that offer no support. Sports bras are totally ok for support if that's what OPs dd wants. Know what you're looking for when you Google.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 3:47 pm
I think it makes more sense to go to a store and try things on.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 4:29 pm
Hi if you live in Brooklyn go to Levon they are on the corner of 13 th ave and 49 street they have a lingerie department upstairs with these great sport brews they are $7 a piece in nude grey and white and a little gathered in the front for a little shape but go over the head buy two sizes and try them in at home if she doesn’t feel comfortable they didn’t measure m daughter for these it comes in 33,34,36 no cup sizes they are great good luck

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 4:31 pm
Sorry typo Lebon that’s the name of the store

israel22

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 4:37 pm
I just bought at hanes.com for my daughter they have all types! not sure about the return policy but we were very happy with all 3 types I got and they have great sales. My daughter is just starting to develop as well and this was a great start

hatzlacha!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 5:20 pm
israel22 wrote:
I just bought at hanes.com for my daughter they have all types! not sure about the return policy but we were very happy with all 3 types I got and they have great sales. My daughter is just starting to develop as well and this was a great start

hatzlacha!

Which ones did you buy

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 5:28 pm
Wow my mom just dragged me to the store, and had the sales lady deal with me. Proper bras were a fact of life, and ready or not here they came. I’m trying to decide if I like your approach, or if it’s just beating around the bush. My daughter is 6 so I still have some time lol I guess I don’t gave to figure that out yet.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 6:32 pm
Yellowberry is specifically for teen/developing girls. My daughter likes them.

https://www.yellowberrycompany.com

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 9:04 pm
I will agree with above poster about Le Bon in boro Park. Got my daughter a great sports bra there for $7. The sports bra has good support for girls and she’ll be less embarrassed as this is what many girls start with.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children