Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My clothes are so creased, what should I do?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:14 am
I put my dd clothes to wash yesterday, on a short cycle. and I didnt think alll her clothes would be so creased. I cant iron so many things. and besides its so creased it will take me hours. not practical at all. they are mostly cotton. so you can tell what I mean.

I usually dont have this. I think this cycle is probabbly what did it. im wondering what anyone else has done.

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:16 am
I have heard of a life hacks: toss some ice cubes in the dryer with only a few items at a time for a short time. The steam will help remove the wrinkles

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:18 am
singleagain wrote:
I have heard of a life hacks: toss some ice cubes in the dryer with only a few items at a time for a short time. The steam will help remove the wrinkles

have you done this??

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:18 am
I do the same as singleagain - I just sprinkle water over the clothing instead of ice cubes. Put them in the dryer for about five minutes, and the wrinkles will be gone!

ETA: I do this all the time with boy's shirts (I don't have big girls). I sprinkle a lot of water so the clothes shouldn't get burned - like a full cup.

Last edited by Mommyg8 on Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

singleagain

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:19 am
I personally have not, but if you Google the hack there are videos that show exactly how it works.

Apparently the trick is, few clothes, less than five ice cubes and highest heat. About 5 minutes

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:19 am
Are they fully clean without stains? You can run them in the dryer for No more than 10 minutes just to take out creases before hanging to fully dry.
Otherwise lay them on a flat surface, smooth out all the creases with your hands and leave to dry.
If they're already dry, put them in the dryer, spritz just a drop of water, and run for just w few minutes.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:24 am
ok thanks so much for the idea. I sometimes do this. but I didnt think because its so creased it would help. doesnt hurt to try.

no stains, totally wet. so I will put in dryer after this cycle and see.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry