Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Does Vision Therapy Work?

country

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 9:39 pm
Does Vision Therapy Work?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 9:48 pm
It did for ds. He was having double vision and trouble with binocular vision and it trained him to use both eyes together.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 10:14 pm
Tracking helped my son

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 11:23 pm
I was a Vision Therapist for over a decade. For those who put in the effort, the change was often incredible. I've seen children who hated reading turn into book worms, kids failing at school becoming top of their class, even children who were apparently misdiagnosed as ADHD manage to go off their Ritalin. Not that long ago I received a phone call from an adult patient who had been struggling trying to get into university and was unable to keep up with the required reading for the exams. She wanted to update me and tell me she had not only gotten in, but had achieved her dream of going to medical school and was on her way to becoming a pediatric oncologist.

But there's also a huge discrepancy between different VT offices. Make sure you're going to a COVD certified Developmental Optometrist. And make sure to do the homework your therapist assigns. I know, easier said than done, but the continuous practice is vital to your success.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children