Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Taking on a kabola

chesed

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 12:55 pm
I would like to take on a kabola for a yeshua. Do you have any ideas. not some thing huge that I won't b able to keep up. thanks

timana

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 12:58 pm
Learn 2 halachot of shmirat halashon every day. Or see what area of yiddishkeit you are not so strong in and work to strengthen it. Only you know the best way you can grow. Hatzlacha

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 1:40 pm
Maybe say Perek Shira for 40 days or light a candle for 40 days leli nishman reb Mendel Mariminov?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 2:03 pm
Call a lonely elderly person every day.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 2:12 pm
Bentch from the text.

Learn two halachos of something. Shmiras halashon, kashrus, shabbos, brachos, tefilla, niddah...

Daven mincha.

Add something to your tznius.

Bring in shabbos 10 minutes early.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 2:25 pm
It should definitely be something small. I'll tell you some I did as my Yom Kippur kabalos and BH have kept up.

1. Wash with a cup after bathroom
2. Put on my tichel to say Brochos (shehakol, krias shema, asher yatzar). I don't wear it in the bedroom otherwise
3. Don't eat (only drink) before saying birchos hashachar.
4. Try to be mechaven shem Hashem - (YKVK - Adon haKol, Haya, hoveh, Yihiyeh; Elokeinu - Takif uBaal haYecholes, baal haKochos Kulam, eelas ha'eelos v'sibas hasibos, Mashgiach aleynu b'hashgacha pratis) in a brocha (esp. Asher Yatzar if the yeshua you need has to do with health). It takes quite a while so I don't do it every time.

(Before I start my very abbreviated davening I do say the following, from siddur Kavonas Hashem - here's something convenient to print Kavonos

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:02 pm
I always try something small in tznuas (even minuscuul) as the mitvah of tznuas is the most important mitzvah of the woman...

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 4:17 pm
Try looking inside and see if there's something you should be better in but aren't. Like something that you have obligations towards...rather than adding things like tehilim.
That kabala always works for me!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
ITznuas is the most important mitzvah of the woman...

Says who?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 04 2018, 10:36 pm
Greeting everyone with a smile. Including husband and kids, if applicable.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 1:16 am
amother wrote:
Says who?

Chazal have said it's the equivalent to Torah Learning for men.
It's like OUR mitzvah.
Does anyone have a source? I know I've heard this before and gotten source before..

chesed

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 2:34 am
thank you all for your feedback.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 4:55 am
Most important mitzvas are shabbes and kashrus and nidda.

For a woman, the womanly mitzvos could be mikve and (bedikos?) and lighting candles - though single men not living at home have to light. Tznius is also for men, my son is learning tznius rules already LOL.

That said yes when you are overwhelmed taking on a tznius detail is very practical and I have done it.

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 6:35 am
Bringing in shabbos early.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 7:06 am
Improving your candlelighting - start to light with oil if you don't already, or add more oil if you do.

Taking something on in tznius - buy a few pairs of higher denier stockings, for example, and then you don't have to think about it and it's easy to keep up.

Shmiras haloshon - either learning a halacha or two every day, or choosing an hour to make a special effort to watch your speech.

hatzlacha!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:22 am
Caveat actually changing your minhag (as opposed to improving your practice of said minhag) is a big shaila

Aylat

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 8:43 am
Asher yatzar with kavanna, standing still, not doing anything with hands. Once a day. Small step that will affect you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics