Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Have you ever.....

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 8:18 am
given your kids clothing from the hamper to wear...

My five year old son refuses to wear short sleeves. This morning I had no more long sleeve shirts as they were all in the hamper and I figured fine he'd have to just give in and wear short. Well he was crying bitterly that "short sleeves is so boring, I only want long" and the bus was coming in five minutes so in front of him I just pulled a long sleeve shirt out from the top of hamper (not noticably dirty) and he happily put it on and went to school.....

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 8:28 am
Yes, I've had to do that. You're doing great!

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 8:31 am
Yes but only admit to it anonymously Smile

Those dang uniform jumpers. So expensive so I only buy a few, and I'm soo tired that I forget to wash...

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 9:02 am
Yes, but thankfully not too often.

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 9:48 am
As rarely as possible but I think most people can relate to that moment when a child NEEEEEEDS that specific item that happens to be in the hamper... hopefully on top and not too dirty.

I have separate hampers for different types of wash and just now realized that makes it a little more acceptable, because the favorite dress is not going to be stewing in used underwear anyway.

abaker

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 9:52 am
I haven't done that but I totally would!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:00 am
I've done it once in nine years. But I've done it!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:11 am
Yes, I have... a shell, socks, maybe a pair of pants on occasion... it’s the kind of thing you don’t talk about! Since we are not reusing obviously dirty/ smelly things no one will ever know..

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
Yes, I have... a shell, socks, maybe a pair of pants on occasion... it’s the kind of thing you don’t talk about! Since we are not reusing obviously dirty/ smelly things no one will ever know..

Unless the kids tell their morahs!!! I did it right in front of him and he tells her everything.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:21 am
amother wrote:
Unless the kids tell their morahs!!! I did it right in front of him and he tells her everything.

She’ll probably assume he meant that you took it out if the clean laundry basket Very Happy

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
She’ll probably assume he meant that you took it out if the clean laundry basket Very Happy

except that I took out one shirt - said no too dirty - my son asked me to wash it and I said no its too dirty then we went fishing for something else Smile

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:42 am
Hey some ppl do dumpster diving, we do hamper hunting. no biggie Smile

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
Hey some ppl do dumpster diving, we do hamper hunting. no biggie Smile

I literally just LOL at my desk at work.....thanks for the laugh.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:55 am
I do

InnerMe

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 10:58 am
I've recently done it for myself with a pair of tights.
I found myself in the morning without any, and I took the one from the day before. Felt eeeew.
But sometimes ya have no other option..

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 1:57 pm
I would do it for myself in a pinch. (An outer garment, not socks or underwear.) Don’t tell anyone.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 2:01 pm
Yes but only in an emergency sitch

soap suds

Post Wed, Jun 06 2018, 6:12 pm
BTDT (can't find the shhh emoticon)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers