Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Blimi heller VS Dina Friedman
1  2  Next

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:06 am
They sound like opposite approaches.. Did anyone here do both courses?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:42 am
I've done both. They're different. Dina uses specific methods for specific situations, it's very involved. All about what to do and what not to do.
Blimie has an approach to the parent child relationship. She teaches empathy, connection, building a relationship and doesn't need to give exact details on what to do in any situation because it all comes back to the relationship so she trains you on fostering that.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:57 am
What do you recommend?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
What do you recommend?

Dina helped me a lot. Whatever I was able to internalize was fantastic. She changed one aspect on one of my relationships and I'm forever grateful. But the full course was too much for me. The intensity, the amount of information. So I only got so far into the course (even though I listened to it all and it all resonated with me) and I never took it further. This was 7 years ago.

Over the last 7 years I've realized that I "know" all the right things to do, but it wasn't materializing. When I saw Blimie's page, I was like this is what I'm looking for. The clincher may have been that the course was set up for 1.5 hours once a week for 5 weeks (and in my neighborhood). I felt that the info given over in such a time frame would be doable. It's not about tips and tricks but a perspective on how to be a kind and compassionate parent who leads her children to confidence. She gives a solid concept as well as practical tools on how to go about it.

So it really depends on what you need.
But I'd definitely recommend Blimie's course first.

mommy201

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 6:32 pm
I actually was going to take Dina’s course a couple of years ago but didn’t get around to it. I don’t think it’s a question of what’s better, it’s just very different and not really comparable since I believe Dina’s is more methods and Blimie’s is a paradigm shift in perspective which makes you think a different way in regard to everything parenting. I think it is amazing and helped me so much and so many others I know.
Also, to me a live shorter course is just much more doable.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 8:51 pm
Does anyone know when Blimi Heller is doing her next course in Brooklyn? What time of day and location pls

mommy201

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:59 pm
Please pm me or email unconditionparenting@gmail.com for details regarding the next courses

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 07 2020, 11:21 pm
How does Blimi Hellers approach differ from Ruchy Spitzer’s approach to parenting?

mommy201

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 9:58 am
I am not familiar with Ruchie Spitz course. If you want to explain it, I can tell you the difference.
I would venture to say that most courses are probably not like Blimies.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:02 am
How is blimi heller different from just reading books on positive loving parenting?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
How is blimi heller different from just reading books on positive loving parenting?

If books work for you, go for it! For me in person learning, in a small 10 person group, asking real life questions, testing it out and coming back to discuss it again while learning more works for me. It works better for me then a teleconference class too.

mommy201

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 10:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
If books work for you, go for it! For me in person learning, in a small 10 person group, asking real life questions, testing it out and coming back to discuss it again while learning more works for me. It works better for me then a teleconference class too.

Agree with this. Books are nice but its very different then having a discussion, real life examples from others in the course, and being able to ask questions. In addition, I find it harder to actually follow something a book says. Like its more theoretical to me, harder to apply it in real life. Same with a tele-conferance - not enough hands on for me.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:31 am
In a nutshell Ruchys approach focuses on the parent child ‘connection’. Everything a child does either negative or positive is their way of connecting to the parent. We want to change our interactions with the child hopefully thru only positive connections... also believing that a child wants to be good.. amazing approach and u constantly have to be on top of your game in your mind!! I also took Sara Yaroslowitz’s parenting course years ago it’s a much more hands on approach but doesn’t work for my kids personalities.. What is Blimies approach??

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:33 am
I’m working with the book the ‘Nurtured Heart Approach’. It’s AMAZING!!! But yes I still feel like I need the support of a coach/group. Which of these courses are closest to the Nurtured Heart Approach?

mommy201

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 12:14 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
In a nutshell Ruchys approach focuses on the parent child ‘connection’. Everything a child does either negative or positive is their way of connecting to the parent. We want to change our interactions with the child hopefully thru only positive connections... also believing that a child wants to be good.. amazing approach and u constantly have to be on top of your game in your mind!! I also took Sara Yaroslowitz’s parenting course years ago it’s a much more hands on approach but doesn’t work for my kids personalities.. What is Blimies approach??

Actually sounds pretty similar to Blimie's. I'm sure Ruchie's is great too. I feel like if someone is looking to learn how to better their parenting and relationship with their children which includes working on themselves, then it is a great step in the right direction.

Blimie's method focuses on the relationship and connection you have with your child Its a big paradigm shift in mindset. It's a lot about working on yourself and not controlling children and teaching them in a loving nurturing way.

There is a ton of more details. I am assuming there are probably some details that are not by Ruchie Spitz since Blimie has a unique way of gathering and presenting information that is not likely to be done by someone else. The general idea sounds similar though.

I would venture to say that most people who take Blimie's course are blown away! Its something that needs to be experienced. It's also not a specific tactic or method, its more like a approach to life so it would be something that would work for everyone, if you are willing to put in the work. It like really resonates with you.

I'm just curious, did you take Ruchie Spitz's course and want to do another one or you just heard about it.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 12:25 pm
I took Ruchi’s course two years ago & was debating if I should take it again because I really need the support right now with my defiant child. Then I came across this thread & read the raving reviews about Blimi Heller. So now I gotta decide which I think would work best. The problem is that It seems like none of them focus on disciple and that’s probably what I need most around here! I bh connect very well to the children on an emotional level... so well that I always ‘understand’ where their negative behaviors stem from & just look the other way...

mommy201

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 12:32 pm
I took Ruchi’s course two years ago & was debating if I should take it again because I really need the support right now with my defiant child. Then I came across this thread & read the raving reviews about Blimi Heller. So now I gotta decide which I think would work best. The problem is that It seems like none of them focus on disciple and that’s probably what I need most around here! I bh connect very well to the children on an emotional level... so well that I always ‘understand’ where their negative behaviors stem from & just look the other way...

Ok so this is where Blimie's method definitely differs. She definitely explains the discipline part. I think 1 whole class is devoted to it. Its more in the how you do it. But its not about looking away and ignoring misbehavior.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 2:25 pm
For sure Blimy focuses on discipline!!! But in an awesome way!!!!I she’s so awesome and upbeat and positive that even that connection with her will transform you

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:18 pm
Ok u got me lol. Now I just wish I can do it in person with Blimie but I guess a teleconference will do for now... I have yet to find the class that has the right balance between my he emotional connection & form discipline in a home.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 3:42 pm
Ok u got me lol. Now I just wish I can do it in person with Blimie but I guess a teleconference will do for now... I have yet to find the class that has the right balance between my he emotional connection & form discipline in a home.

She does private coaching
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics