Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO Jerusalem shabbat meals - which hotels are best?

NickiDC

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 11:53 am
We're going to spend the shabbat before my son's bar mitzvah in Jerusalem, and since we're a big group and prices are sky-high at the time, I'm thinking of AirB&B and having the shabbat meals at hotels.

Which are the best shabbat meals, and anyone know ballpark prices? Also, when booking shabbat meals, can you generally do through hotel website, or do I need to call?

Never done this before, thanks in advance for any help!

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:04 pm
I would imagine the Waldorf would be the best or close to it, though it certainly won't be cheap. See here regarding costs: https://www.tripadvisor.com/FA......html

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:04 pm
NickiDC wrote:
We're going to spend the shabbat before my son's bar mitzvah in Jerusalem, and since we're a big group and prices are sky-high at the time, I'm thinking of AirB&B and having the shabbat meals at hotels.

Which are the best shabbat meals, and anyone know ballpark prices? Also, when booking shabbat meals, can you generally do through hotel website, or do I need to call?

Never done this before, thanks in advance for any help!

IIRC, we did Shabbat dinners at the Leonardo Plaza. It was fabulous, but expensive. We had to book in person.

For Shabbat lunch, we brought in food from a takeout place near the apartment we rented. I can't remember the name of the place, but there are takeout places everywhere. (We didn't use Air B'nB, but instead rented from a friend of a friend. The apartment was kosher and had an electric blech plus a Shabbat timer, making it very easy for us.)

Mazel tov.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:07 pm
Generally you need to call, as very few hotel websites encourage non-guests to order Shabbat meals.

Prices are high. I'd estimate somewhere in the ballpark of NIS 300-400 per person (I've never done this, but this is what I've heard).

Note that if you are coming at peak season (say, over a holiday), they might not have space to accommodate you.

As an alternative, you could have catered takeaway meals sent to your airbnb.

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 3:56 pm
DrMom wrote:
Generally you need to call, as very few hotel websites encourage non-guests to order Shabbat meals.

Prices are high. I'd estimate somewhere in the ballpark of NIS 300-400 per person (I've never done this, but this is what I've heard).

Note that if you are coming at peak season (say, over a holiday), they might not have space to accommodate you.

As an alternative, you could have catered takeaway meals sent to your airbnb.

Where can you order catered takeaway meals from?

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jan 20 2019, 4:36 pm
1091 wrote:
Where can you order catered takeaway meals from?

Ramada has good food and reasonable. For takeout catered meals, we were very happy with shabboskodesh.com. Great food, very reasonable and a pleasure to deal with. We catered numerous times with them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics