Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kurtz Psychology and Might Mouth Camp

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 10:02 pm
For those with kids dealing with selective mutism...

Has any of you taken your kids to one of those intensive summer camp special for SM in NYC? I know there's the Child Mind Institute. But there's also Kurtz Psychology that offers a 5 days intensive summer camp called Mighty Mouth Kids. I already spoke to Dr Kurtz, but I really wish I could find reviews about it before spending $4000 on it!!! So if any of you heard anything about it, please let me know. I'd love to help my child and I'm willing to spend this much money but as long as the treatment actually works on the long way.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 5:10 pm
Intensive treatment camps can be a highly effective treatment for selective mutism. I have seen children make significant jumps in progress using this modality.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 6:42 pm
I just had a speech professional development on this. Kurtz is fantastic and we learned a lot about the intensive program. It seems to be very effective.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 7:52 pm
Thanks for letting me know. We’re going to try it this summer, hope it works.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 8:02 pm
Hatzlachah rabah!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 8:46 pm
At our professional development, we also heard from a speaker named Jonathan Kohlmeier who is a young man who had selective mutism as a child. He described his experience and worked very closely with Dr. Kurtz. He also has a book about his experience called "Learning to play the game"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children