Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Bnos Rabbeinu Chicago
Previous  1  2

happymom123

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:22 pm
There's naaleh in Tzfat. Tuition there is free but the experience really depends on the type of girls

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:23 pm
I hope all of us have matured past the point that we use "Chassidish" as a judgment on the value of a girl. I have quite a few siblings that nobody would call Chassidish, but they are extremely special and wonderful people.

However, if a mother wants her child in an environment where Chassidishkeit is more the norm, than she deserves to be able to find out which schools fit that bill.

I know incredible girls - Chassidish and not Chassidish - from LGHS, Bnos Rabbeinu, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Bnos Menachem, Coral Springs, and more.

pecan

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:25 pm
Isn't naaleh Hebrew speaking and the girls need to be academic?

happymom123

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:25 pm
Also good to remember that when a girl is having a hard time chassidishkeit wise, the group of friends she has makes a huge difference

happymom123

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 6:27 pm
pecan wrote:
Isn't naaleh Hebrew speaking and the girls need to be academic?

It's Hebrew speaking but they have an American program, not sure about the academics, sorry

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 10 2018, 7:52 pm
http://collive.com/show_news.r.....chool
That's about one in natzrat illit

There is one in tzfat
Possibly one in kfar chabad as well

In Israel, the students end up learning Hebrew either way. Another language is good.
You do want to find out how they accomidate the newcomers to the language etc

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 5:14 am
my daughter is in naaleh. She went not knowing hebrew and now speaks it fluently. She had an amazing time but is definitely a smart and chassidish girl.

Afaik they do NOT accept girls from Crown Heights. Program is geared towards children of shluchim.

I definitely recommend this for the right girl.

jewishwest

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:44 am
I feel for u op. Finding the right school for the right girl is almost like a shidduch. I feel equipped to answer as I sent to Lghs, I know Mrs Turen and I sent to New Haven.
Lghs is a great school but rigid and very in the box.
New Haven is small and gives the girls breathing room and has them grow into school. Mrs hecht is very amazing and they have good teachers.
Mrs Turen is extremely talented and connects to the girls and is trying to restart her program. She has a school building and needs a few parents to jump in and create a good core. Perhaps it is worth putting a good group of likeminded parents and girls to create a good experience.

Hatzlocha!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 1:21 pm
Mrs Turen has probably done more damage than any other educator I know. I would be very wary about sending there even if she does re-open.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 2:44 pm
I would stay far, far away from Mrs. Turen. I have many very close friends that went to that school, almost all of them went in "very chassidish" and came out barely frum and many are not frum anymore. In recent years all it had were girls on drugs who had severe emotional issues.

zigi

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:12 pm
how about coral springs florida?

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Dec 07 2021, 3:49 pm
Bump.

Anyone have current info on bnos rabbeinu? Is it still defunct?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children