Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Hand washing

goldfarb

Post Fri, Oct 22 2004, 6:16 pm
Im a total newbie so forgive me but where else can I turn? I USED to know this stuff back in my Yeshiva days in Jerusalem, but that was 19 yearsago.
We are not Observant but adding ritual here and there while we seek out a community here.

My child will be attending Torah Day School in a year ( pre-school!) and I'd like to at least have the Brachas down and aprt of my daily duties.
thought I'd get a cup ( one for each sink I guess!) but dont know the Hebrew. I need help!

Rochel Leah

Post Sat, Oct 23 2004, 9:47 pm
The blessing for washing our hands every morning and for after washing for eating bread is: Ba-ruch A-toh Ado----na---I Elo----hai-----nu me-lech ha-olam a-sher ki-di-sha-nu be-mitz-vo-sav ve-tzi-va-nu al ne-ti-las yo-da-yim

Good Luck...Every deed is important...If you need to know anything more- we're here to help. a good site to ask everyday questions is askmoses.com, otherwise we are here as jewish moms connecting to help each other

goldfarb

Post Sat, Oct 23 2004, 11:55 pm
Thanks!
I also wonder if this people, do the bracha instead of washing wiht hot soap and water or if they wash for health first and tehn do the ritual handwashing?

gryp

Post Sun, Oct 24 2004, 9:28 am
you can wash with soap and water first but your hands have to be completely dry before doing the ritual washing of netilas yadayim.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Oct 26 2004, 1:10 pm
Artscroll.com has an exellent selection of transliterated & translated sidurim

Last edited by ForeverYoung on Thu, May 05 2005, 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nechama

Post Tue, Oct 26 2004, 11:29 pm
One should have clean hands before washing for bread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics