Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What features could you not live without?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:55 pm
Iymnok wrote:
A slide. Gets the kids down fast in the morning!
A climbing wall to get back up.
Find a way to get that to fit in with my dream grand staircase

I joke that I want a room-sized moonbounce room. Let my kids just bounce off the walls - literally - until they wear themselves out and the surfaces are rubber so I can hose them down. “Them” meaning walls and kids 😉

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
I love my garbage can in a kitchen drawer. It keeps things clean looking and retains the inevitable smell.

Walk-in master closet with full-length mirror inside so that I can get dressed in the closet.

Ground level "parking" for my baby carriage.

The garbage cans under the cabinet trap the smell. Just like pet owners get used to it to pet odor, the owners get used to the smell of under counter garbage.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:27 pm
A gas line to the porch for the BBQ grill.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 8:16 pm
carrot wrote:
I have this in my house and disliked it so much I took the door down.

1) so unhygienic! Everyone needs to handle the door knob before they can wash their hands.

2) what about periods, postpartum, etc,? A sink right by the bathroom is really helpful.

I'm remembering now that in a previous house I also had the sink far from the toilet/bath, and I actually installed another one in the actual toilet/bathroom.

Yep, I have two sinks in the bathroom - one on either side of the door. It makes both the morning and night rush so much easier to handle.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 9:46 pm
amother wrote:
The garbage cans under the cabinet trap the smell. Just like pet owners get used to it to pet odor, the owners get used to the smell of under counter garbage.

Yes! Everyone thinks I'm crazy that I prefer to have the garbage out than in a cabinet.

gs675

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:28 pm
Thanks all for the great ideas.
What does one need in a washing room besides a sink?

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 5:24 am
amother wrote:
I am not going to tell my rav his advice is bogus. This is what he said, and I follow him. I wouldn't tell you that you follow bogus advice. Seriously, ask a sheila if you are allowed to say what you just did.

In the dining rooms I've seen with netilat yadayim sinks, you anyway don't see the table while you are washing. You face the sink which is attached to the wall. So you see the wall while you're washing.

That's the way sinks work, in the kitchen as well. The only way you would see the table while you are washing is if you have an island with a sink and a sightline from that island to the table.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 5:33 am
amother wrote:
I am not going to tell my rav his advice is bogus. This is what he said, and I follow him.

Would you be willing to ask him for a source, to educate the curious among us?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:33 am
Sorry, I have to say this.

I think the title should be "What Luxury Features Would You Like to Have?"

Having been homeless, I think I would have a hard time living without a roof, clean water, and heat in the winter.

/stepping off my soap box now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:38 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
In the dining rooms I've seen with netilat yadayim sinks, you anyway don't see the table while you are washing. You face the sink which is attached to the wall. So you see the wall while you're washing.

That's the way sinks work, in the kitchen as well. The only way you would see the table while you are washing is if you have an island with a sink and a sightline from that island to the table.

You have to be able to see the table. I don't think you actually have to be looking at the table. I didn't ask the question, but it seems logical.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:42 am
Jacuzzi wrote:
Thanks all for the great ideas.
What does one need in a washing room besides a sink?

I'd say a small linen closet for towels, extra tissues & soap, etc would be useful

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:45 am
amother wrote:
Would you be willing to ask him for a source, to educate the curious among us?

No, I won't. I found calling his advice bogus disrespectful. Questioning him based on an anonymous amother is offensive.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:46 am
amother wrote:
I'd say a small linen closet for towels, extra tissues & soap, etc would be useful

A vanity. Mirrors for a tznius check. Medicine cabinet.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 8:49 am
A gas line to the porch for the BBQ grill.[/quote]
I know someone that made a gas line for their grill. One day they used the grill and forgot to close the gas. They went away for a week and when they came back they saw what happened and had a huge gas bill. They disconnected the grill from the gas line to prevent it from happening again.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:22 am
amother wrote:
You have to be able to see the table. I don't think you actually have to be looking at the table. I didn't ask the question, but it seems logical.

My point is that you are not able to see the table in the middle of the dining room if you are standing at the sink in the dining room that is attached to the wall.

The requirement to wash at a sink from which it is possible to see the dining room table doesn't seem logical at all to me.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:35 am
amother wrote:
No, I won't. I found calling his advice bogus disrespectful. Questioning him based on an anonymous amother is offensive.

I'm not the poster who called him bogus.

I'm genuinely interested. Not sure why my identity matters.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:48 am
Things I love about my house:

Garburators

Huge deck. I LOVE it!! We eat outside whenever the weather permits, breakfast lunch shabbos seudah.. Many nights me and DH will sit outside once the kids are sleeping.

Instant hot water

Master shower stall instead of a bathtub

French doors for the kitchen. When Im hosting a party or something like that noone sees the mess

Doorbell with a camera

Small linen closet in the kids bathroom

Upstairs laundry room with full sink and counters

Things that were a waste of money or space

My washing sink for the dining room lol we never use it.

Mud room. Ideally its amazing, has a seperate cubby and 2 hooks for each kid but its from the side entrance and the kids always come in from the front.

thats it off the top of my head

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:35 pm
Baking section in the kitchen. I have a cabinet that is in my counter that stores my mixers and and shelves on top for all cookbooks and drawers below to store all baking supplies.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
Baking section in the kitchen. I have a cabinet that is in my counter that stores my mixers and and shelves on top for all cookbooks and drawers below to store all baking supplies.

Pull out spice cabinets.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 11:11 pm
To respond to the original question:

A door on the bathroom. We once saw a house to rent that had no door between the master bedroom and en suite bathroom and the owner was not willing to install one. Apparently that’s in fashion nowadays. Anyway, it was a deal breaker for us.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating