Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are facials the norm?
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:30 am
Is it normal for a woman to get facials on a regular basis?
I see so most women out there with perfect or near perfect skin, and mine looks so old and battered,
I’m wondering what they are doing that I am not?
I use the obvious moisturizer, good diet, etc.

But there must be some treatment that is the norm that I don’t do?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:35 am
amother wrote:
I see so most women out there with perfect or near perfect skin, and mine looks so old and battered,

#1 thing that affects skin is genetics. Many people don’t do anything and just wake up with gorgeous skin.
Diet affects skin majorly. Drinking tons of water makes a big difference. Cleansing 2x a day and exfoliating 2-3 a week is important. Moisturizing 2x a day is crucial. Use under eye cream. Serums and masks can help. I use all of the above for the most part and still don’t have great skin but that’s how hashem made me and that’s why I have Makeup!

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
#1 thing that affects skin is genetics. Many people don’t do anything and just wake up with gorgeous skin.
Diet affects skin majorly. Drinking tons of water makes a big difference. Cleansing 2x a day and exfoliating 2-3 a week is important. Moisturizing 2x a day is crucial. Use under eye cream. Serums and masks can help. I use all of the above for the most part and still don’t have great skin but that’s how hashem made me and that’s why I have Makeup!

As I wrote above, the obvious eating healthy, cleansing and moisturizing I do.
And I know genetics plays a part but it can’t be that 80percebt of the women I see have better genes than me.

It seems like they do something that I don’t.

What bothers me most is some raised acne scars that cause many tiny bumps around my face.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 11:58 am
Facials makes my skin look terrible. It ruins the skin long term.

gande

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 2:08 pm
I recently treated myself to a facial and it didn't make much of a difference to my skin. I needed it though, becuase they took out my horrible whiteheads

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 2:12 pm
Nope not for me. Had one about 20 years ago but didn't enjoy it

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 4:09 pm
One facial won't change your skin. Consistently getting facials, and the right type of facial for your skin will make all the difference. I recommend chemical peels, they worked magic on my skin.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 4:17 pm
Chemical peels were amazing for my skin too! (Glycolic peels) also microdermabrasion. I alternated with both, and it really helped my skin.
A European facial is when they Clean out the skin well, with extractions. When getting facials, be careful. Some are just for relaxation and aren’t meant to do more than that. In my opinion that’s a waste of money. (Unless you find them relaxing)

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 4:32 pm
No not the norm and won't help your skin long term.

Bluesky 1

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
Chemical peels were amazing for my skin too! (Glycolic peels) also microdermabrasion. I alternated with both, and it really helped my skin.
A European facial is when they Clean out the skin well, with extractions. When getting facials, be careful. Some are just for relaxation and aren’t meant to do more than that. In my opinion that’s a waste of money. (Unless you find them relaxing)

what are chemical peels and glycolic peels? does it help for acne?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 6:15 pm
amother wrote:

Where do you live that most women have perfect or near perfect skin?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:26 pm
I recently got a clarisonic. It is pricy, about 120$, but I use it twice a day and see a big diff in how fresh my skin looks. The other miracle product is retinol A. You can get a prescription or this product is good too: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Neu.....h=sem
Ive only gotten one facial in my life. My skin looked and felt good afterwards, but who has money to do that on a regular basis?!

tichellady

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:27 pm
I don’t know anyone who gets regular facials. I have nice skin and I think it’s totally genetic. I barely do anything for it

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:45 pm
my Dh sent me for a surprise facial on the day he proposed. I'm glowing in the "we're engaged!!!!" photos. As happy as I was, I think the glow was courtesy of the spa.

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 7:58 pm
I used to get facials to clean out my pores when I was younger and prone to blackheads and acne and I think it helped.

In my experience, with older women, having younger looking skin is a product of genetics - how much they used sunscreen consistently and also the kind of facial upkeep done by dermatologists - I.e fillers and clinical type of exfoliating - dermabrasion, laser etc.. I wouldn't have that kind of stuff done by someone who isn't a doctor.

Cosmetic facials, in my experience, don't do much but they can make you feel pampered - you lie there - someone massages pleasant smelling stuff into your skin and neck - you then generally lie with some kind of mask or whatever in a comfy lounge chair with pleasant spa music playing. It's an indulgence but I don't think has any kind of lasting cosmetic impact.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 11 2018, 8:34 pm
Ummm, never had one in my life

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:05 am
OP, if you think you have some serious flaws, don't bother going to a "beauty spa".

Get yourself straight to a board qualified dermatologist. They will tell you the most appropriate treatment for your skin, and give you the most professional service.

At the very least, get a professional consultation before going to see anyone else, so you know what to ask and what to look out for.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 12 2018, 9:14 am
I don't do facials ever. I think I have pretty good skin. I try to remember to moisturize but probably forget most days. I don't spend a lot of time in the sun.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 11:35 pm
Can anyone recommend a place for chemical peels Or microdermabrasion in brooklyn area?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jun 30 2019, 11:52 pm
Facials are extremely common today.
So are plastic surgery, Botox, and all laser treatments on the face.

However, ladies don’t want to admit that they do it. They keep it taboo so nobody else will have such good skin...or steal their perfect doctor...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics