Home

Camp Chaverim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Yellow

Post  Tue, Jun 12 2018, 2:12 pm
Can anyone please tell me about Camp Chaverim at the Union county y in Union, New Jersey?

amother

Teal

Post  Tue, Jun 12 2018, 6:46 pm
I went there as a kid

It's def not orthodox, maybe conservative. I went no older than 1st grade and at shabbos party on Friday I went to the bathroom every week to wash for hamotzi. I was the only frum kid there

Everything was mixed

I can't imagine it's changed much since then. It's still run by the jcc or whoever. What exactly do you want to know?

amother

Cobalt

Post  Thu, Jun 14 2018, 4:04 pm
I also went there as a kid, for years.

It is definitely orthodox. I never had any problems washing for motzi, everyone did it.

There are several camps within the Union "Y" (not a JCC) - they have had ones which were more modern or for kids from different backgrounds (they may not even exist anymore), but chaverim is absolutely orthodox and gets religious kids from Elizabeth, Hillside, West Orange, Springfield, and other nearby communities. Many of the counselors are religious teens fro mthe same communities, and some of the staff are as well. Girls and boys are separate. Maybe the above poster is thinking of a different progam or a different camp. . .

I can't tell you what it is like now though, sorry.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children