Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Any ultrasound technicians/sonographers out there?

cookies6

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 11:22 am
This is a career that my dd is considering. When we spoke to someone located in Lakewood in this field she strongly advised against it because she feels that it's very difficult to find jobs. I'm wondering if this is local to Lakewood or a widespread problem. Any insight? TIA

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 2:03 pm
I have a close friend who recently graduated. It is extremely difficult to find a job that is shabbos friendly. Almost all of the jobs require weekend call...

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 3:56 pm
I also know someone in NJ (not Lakewood) who also had an exceptionally difficult time. I think it took her 3 years to get a part time job.

bestme

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 4:24 pm
I heard that it is extremely hard to find a job. You should really do research. It is a pity if she goes to school for it and then she can't find a job and then she will have to go to school again for a different type of job.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 5:06 pm
So I'll be the first one to give the other side of the story. Yes, it is not the easiest in the world to get a job, but that depends on how picky you are. If you insist on only doing OB ultrasounds, then you might have a harder time. If you're open to different registries and areas, then your chances are better.

It's not easy to find a job in any field nowadays...

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 13 2018, 6:02 pm
I have a friend whose American she studied in Israel she took all the tests, she even took the American Test, passed everything she took this course about 7 years ago and she is an assistant teacher today she could not find a job and this is in New York City

cookies6

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 12:12 pm
bestme wrote:
I heard that it is extremely hard to find a job. You should really do research. It is a pity if she goes to school for it and then she can't find a job and then she will have to go to school again for a different type of job.

Lol. That's why I'm doing research!!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jun 14 2018, 12:45 pm
cookies6 wrote:
Lol. That's why I'm doing research!!

I know someone who does this, she lives in New York and works for hospitals. I have also heard that it's almost impossible to find a job in this field in New Jersey. Also, I heard that it's really only full time - something to think about for a girl who will iy'h have a family.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics