Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What career path should I pursue for successful aliyah?

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 4:44 am
I am a divorced single mom with a 3 year old girl. I am starting to think about making aliyah in the next 3 to 5 years but would like to upgrade my skills/reskill before that. I am currently a social worker in the medical sector. I would like to change career paths entirely as I am burnt out from social work.

Bearing this in mind what would you suggest I look into that would be in demand in the israeli job market? I am considering digital marketing or something in finance (accounting perhaps). Obviously I want to make a decent living and be able to support myself and my child. I have limited hebrew but plan to work on that soon.

would appreciate any help or suggestions.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 7:08 am
I don't remember exactly but you should be able to get information about the job demands in Israel. When I made aliya I got emails all the time with information about this (maybe call the aliya center and say you wanto make aliya in the future...)

byisrael

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 7:23 am
I would say engineering, programming - basically any thing in the hi- tec sector; unless you have good hebrew accounting will limit you to a small sector, while hi - tec companies care less abut the hebrew and more about the skills

grace413

Post Sun, Jun 17 2018, 1:34 am
You might want to check with Nefesh B'Nefesh.

www.nbn.org.il
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions