Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dresses - how much longer will they be in?
1  2  3  Next

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:04 pm
Not that I've been able to rock this trend but I like it. It's amazing what's out there now. I saw a fully tziusdik shirtwaist in Target, I've seen tzniusdik dresses in fashion spreads. So even if 99% of the dresses are coming from Junee/China/etc. I know that women aren't going to be giving up their messes of dresses too soon.

But will it end? What will people do with all those dresses then?

Just curious if other people have had thoughts on the subject.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:08 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Not that I've been able to rock this trend but I like it. It's amazing what's out there now. I saw a fully tziusdik shirtwaist in Target, I've seen tzniusdik dresses in fashion spreads. So even if 99% of the dresses are coming from Junee/China/etc. I know that women aren't going to be giving up their messes of dresses too soon.

I know, remember about 15 years ago no one would be caught dead in a dress if it weren't shabbos or a wedding? Im scared that will happen again. Maybe by then I'll be old enough that I won't care. and people will look at me like a grandma in a yellow/pink housecoat taking a walk.
oh well, I love dresses and hope they don't go out any time soon!

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 12:17 pm
I’ll be wearing them forever. They look much better on my body type , and are much easier for me to wear. It also makes getting dressed a lot easier, and I always feel put together in a dress.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:02 pm
I am probably in the minority, but I wish dresses would go out of style. I have never found a dress that looks good on me, and I have tried on many.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
I am probably in the minority, but I wish dresses would go out of style. I have never found a dress that looks good on me, and I have tried on many.

Me 2! Waiting for them to go out! Im short n dumpy n look terrible in a dress. Skirt n top hides it all. No matter how out of style I am I will never wear a dress

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:24 pm
You last two amothers, I'm not so into this either, though I'd love to try. Dresses in my size are really expensive/not available/sell out too fast. But even women I know who are seriously into the trend don't always wear dresses, so we're not that out of it if we wear skirts and tops.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

I don’t know so much about frum fashion, but tznius fashions have been on trend for a couple of years now even in regular stores.

Last edited by dancingqueen on Sat, Oct 12 2019, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

animeme

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:33 pm
Also wishing they would go. Dresses that hit most of my friends a few inches or even half a foot below the knee barely cover mine, and adding to them is just not worth it. And can the high low hems please go awat?

I do love them for dd, who just throws them on a goes. But once she grows a bit, it's gone- you can't buy them a couple sizes up and take in the waist like I do with skirts- the tip has to fit right.

And I will not miss the ultimate question:

Is it a dress, a robe, a nightgown, or a swim cover up?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:41 pm
I love dresses for pregnancy. Easier to hide my bump in the beginning and so much more comfortable than skirts in the end. They will always be in style for me when pregnant 😀

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 2:41 pm
lol- We bought a dress second hand that was a little big on my dd but super comfy so yes she wears it as a nightgown Smile my younger dd has a dress that style but it's shorter on her (we aren't makpid on tznius at her age) so it looks a lot more normal.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 3:12 pm
I love them! I hope they stay around for decades to come!

When I went away for Pesach, I only took dresses for DD and myself. No fumbling around in a new place looking for the top to match the skirt!

Some trends stay for years and some go out really quickly. I don't know how to predict!

isrmss91

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 3:56 pm
They are alot easier to pack, especially if they are wrinkle resistant. Wear a dickie underneath for a different look. Different belts. I love dresses. And from what I am seeing in the stores, alot are dedicating space just for dresses.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
lol- We bought a dress second hand that was a little big on my dd but super comfy so yes she wears it as a nightgown Smile my younger dd has a dress that style but it's shorter on her (we aren't makpid on tznius at her age) so it looks a lot more normal.

Funny, I bought some dresses that are too clingy for me to wear on the street but perfect as a tzniut yet s-xy nightgown.

I love them and their cheaper than buying full nightgowns!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 3:57 pm
I've always been a dress person especially for shabbos. But in the past my dresses were more structured. I'm sure I won't always be wearing the thin modal dresses, but I'll always still be wearing dresses.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 3:59 pm
I hope never!!

I looove them! No shells (that’s the best part in the summer😆), no pairing up skirts and shirts...

This season I bought 4 and I was done for weekday and 3 for shabbos. Hurray!

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 4:43 pm
So I'm clearly not a shopping expert, but where can I find dresses that are affordable and completely tznius?

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
So I'm clearly not a shopping expert, but where can I find dresses that are affordable and completely tznius?

try macys on sale

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 7:21 pm
Also my size fluctuates a lot and dresses work so much better. I don’t have my skirts riding and falling all over the place, with tops hanging or tight. I find them more versatile and forgiving.

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:

Me too! My hips are too wide or something. I just look big in dresses. Also I’m tall, and none of them quite cover my knees.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jun 15 2018, 7:58 pm
Can someone post some links of flattering trendy dresses (with shape, many Ive seen have the shape of potato sacks), but not too trendy, body-con, but not too body con for women 40 and up?

Thanks.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics