Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dresses - how much longer will they be in?
Previous  1  2  3

happyone

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:24 pm
I love dresses! Gone are the 3 piece ensembles. Easy does it!

seeker

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:25 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I love dresses in theory but haven’t found anything satisfactory.

My problems with dresses go as follows:

(1) yeah, no shells, but then you have to find the perfect neckline that won’t stretch out. Or wear a shell underneath if it does.

(2) thin, clingy fabric. People say dresses are “so forgiving” but to me a dress is only forgiving in comfort, not hiding my squishy blobby torso and underthings. I don’t want to have to wear spanx and a slip to look smooth and fat-ripple-free in an otherwise totally loose-fitting dress!!

(3) accessorizing is stressful, full stop. I don’t know how to wear a belt!! I don’t know if just putting on a chunky necklace with this will fool the populace into believing I’m not just going outside in a calf-length T-shirt... I don’t have that level of confidence!!

(4) as much as I hate shells, I need layers over my torso/trunk most of all. Something that fits properly on my arms leaves me feeling so exposed in the chest/belly area. I can never just wear a plain crew neck T-shirt, so I think I would need a cardigan or vest to add a second layer over any dress...

(5) separates mean that if part of an outfit wears out, you can just buy half a new outfit. If a dress starts to get armpit stains, or the fabric pills, etc., you have to buy a whole new dress.

(6) “dark bottom, colorful top” is my way of feeling flattered yet not drab. Many dresses are the same pattern or color throughout, much harder to hide physical imperfections.

So as a busty, lumpy gal with no fashion sense, I too would appreciate links to dresses I can actually wear!

Applause Applause Applause Applause

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:40 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Tzniut yet s-xy? Am I supposed to be wearing tighter nightgowns during niddah-I thought I was supposed to wear basically tznius like I would wear outside..

You are right. You're not supposed to be wearing anything s-xy during niddah. It doesn't necessarily need to be 100% what you would wear outside (definitely AYLOR), but it shouldn't be tight or something that you'd wear to attract your husband.

Librarian

Post Sat, Oct 12 2019, 9:01 pm
I am highly fashionable and I have always worn dresses and worn them very well! I hate it that everyone started wearing dresses! Can't wait to be dancing to my own drum again!

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 12:37 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Without reading this whole thread, I'm going to respond... why are people so hung up on what's in style? If it doesn't flatter you, don't wear it!

Because currently you are an embarrassment if you are under the age of 25 and show up at a wedding in a top and skirt.

Dresses just aren't flattering on me too Sad

Aylat

Post Sun, Oct 13 2019, 5:15 am
This thread started in June 2018 - over a year later and dresses are still in style!

I personally am not so sold on them, most don't suit my body type. I don't care about being in style or not, but I find it annoying when shops hardly have any separates because they're not 'in'.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics