Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Sending kid to school

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 1:48 pm
At what age do you send your kids to school for the first time? If the school starts at 18months is it worthwhile for them to start school at that point, or would you wait until a little later? Pros/cons?

Thanks.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 1:54 pm
depends on different factors. Do you work or stay at home. Do you have other kids... the child's personality, your personality ...
My oldest was an only child so I sent her at 2 1/2 for 3 mornings a week. For my second child that was no longer an option so I kept her home that year. The next year I would have sent her but she wasn't potty trained so she stayed home for 3 year olds and was fine. Personally 18 months seems young to me.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 1:56 pm
I personally feel that my kids benefit more from staying home. They started school at around 3.5-4 even though there was an option for younger in their school.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 2:29 pm
When they show boredom. I'm not another child on their level Smile

Bellamom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 4:37 pm
My kids start 3.5/4 and it was great for everyone.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jun 18 2018, 4:41 pm
I find that kids benefit from going out starting at 2-1/2 on average - some a little earlier, and some a little later. That's when they are able to express themselves basically, and are able to engage in meaningful social interaction.

Which doesn't mean that you have to - kids have survived for centuries without going out to playgroup at two - it's just that the kids do benefit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children