Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Tznius bathing suit issues!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 10:58 am
Tznius Bathing Suit questions!
I tried on a bunch, and not one was flattering. Yes I have many pregnancys worth of extra fat, but not one was even slighting flattering, and they just fit weird!

Also, being my first experience with these types of "bathing suits", what about a bra?! not one had a built in bra! am I supposed to wear a bathing suit underneath?!

PLEASE HELP!!!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:01 am
In sorry. To clarify, are you referring to swim dresses?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:11 am
They’re not meant to fit like a wedding dress.
Try on many styles and pick the best one.
You have to purchase a swim sports bra along with it usually.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:19 am
I once got a bikini top to act like a bra under a swim shirt... Honestly I think the swim dresses are overpriced and a good swim shirt and boys bottoms are more comfy

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:22 am
yes im referring to the dresses or 3/4 sleeve tops w/skirts

is there a non jewish store I can get these at? arent they called rash gaurds?

located in monsey

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:24 am
I don't remember the brand I got.. But I got it at Costco. A swim shirt (prob was a rash gaurd type... Or also look for UV swim protection) it was amazing deal to.. marked to twenty from like eighty

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:26 am
If you put in swim shirt for women into Google or Amazon you'll get tons of hits... So many stiles for all body type

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:34 am
I wear a proper bathing suit with a simple swim dress over it. Basic Colors sells great ones made from bathing suit material that cost around $20.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:52 am
I'm curious about this.
Many years ago most frum women/girls wore plain bathing suits.
Then the more 'frummer' ones started wearing t-shirts on top, and satmar women wore a 'shvim kleid'.
Recently it became the style for everyone to wear swim dresses. Why? Is everyone wearing it bc. of tznius? (even the shvim kleid doesnt have long sleeves) To be more covered up from the sun? Or to wear at the beach?

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:58 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious about this.
Then the more 'frummer' ones started wearing t-shirts on top, and satmar women wore a 'shvim kleid'.
Recently it became the style for everyone to wear swim dresses. Why? Is everyone wearing it bc. of tznius? (even the shvim kleid doesnt have long sleeves) To be more covered up from the sun? Or to wear at the beach?

My guess.. And this is a complete guess...

"If you build it they will come" someone prob realized that women wanted to cover up for whatever reason and figured let me make a dress totally out of bathing suit martial and they'll buy it.

Also, it's not just Jewish women who want to cover up. Muslims cover. Not to mention ppl who are very concerned about skin cancer since most of these items are made of UV resistant material.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 11:59 am
There are great rash guards on Lands End. I don't wear "swim dresses" unless I'm going river rafting or something like that, but whenever I've worn one I wear a regular bathing suit under it. I had better luck buying a Lands End rash guard and a "swim skirt" from one of the Jewish stores.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious about this.

I only wear one if it's not an all women's area like a water park.

cnc

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 12:30 pm
I wear a bathing suit under, and I wear it when I go to Sesame Place or places where there are men etc. I don't use it for a regular all women's pool.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 1:24 pm
Get a supportive bikini. My swim dress is actually a dress from fabric that dries quickly. I wear a halter top (to cover to my collarbone) and a regular swim bottom. (Ease of bathroom use is important to me)
We just got our girls swim dresses. (Bazaar Strauss, ~120nis, for those in Israel). They had attached shorts. I cut them off and added elastic to hold them up and put a button at the hem so the dress wouldn’t fly up when they jump in.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 19 2018, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
I'm curious about this.

People do not wear it at an all women’s pool. They wear at the beach, water parks, etc...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics