Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Kiddush for baby girl - but we cant afford it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:
And my daughters had big kiddush, but not $4500 worth, they're in their 30s and single. Not everyone who makes a kiddush will be successful in shidduchim.

My parents didn't make a kiddush when their daughters were born and my sisters and I married young and had children.

tziviakayla

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 10:34 pm
We have 7 daughters. All 7 kiddushes were in our home. The first 4 were in tiny apartments while my husband was in kollel. We never had any of them catered. Store bought kugels, salads and desserts, crackers and dips. Dh made cholents. For the 2 youngest I baked because their kiddushes were a few months after they were born.

trixx

Post Sat, Jun 30 2018, 11:15 pm
Sounds like op can't face the reality that it's either fork over 5k or figure out a way to do it under $200, even if no one else is doing it. Unless she can face the facts she won't be able to figure out a solution.

Another angle, which sounds mean but I bet is true. Op is bt. Are the rich? If not, you're already out of their circles/league, you don't have to try to keep up with them. And whatever you do won't be as good as what they can do. Do what works for your family and too bad on everyone else. It's not easy and you might feel embarrassed to be different but isn't that better than going into debt?
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette