Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacationing in Denver, CO

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 12:07 pm
My husband and I are planning on going to Denver for about a week in the summer. Please help on an itinerary that doesn't involve too much traveling (1 1/2 hours to 2 hours away tops).
I have no idea where to begin.

ssspectacular

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 12:13 pm
We did this trip last summer. We stayed in Denver because of kosher food an minyan and took 2 trips to the Rocky Mountains (beautiful). We also went to the Denver Zoo and Botanical Gardens and enjoyed both.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 12:16 pm
Estes Park is the gateway to the stunning Rockies and is about 1.5 hours from Denver. Besides getting you into the mountains, it's also a touristy town with lots of fun activities to keep you busy. You can also go about 1.5 hours west to Vail, which is beautiful to walk around; you pass the Dillon Reservoir along the way that has bike and boat rentals. You can also go about 1.5 hours south to Colorado Springs, which has garden of the gods, the Olympic training center (tours), and the Air Force Academy. That should keep you busy!

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 12:21 pm
Go to boulder for a day trip- it’s close by, you can Hike there and do a celestial seasonings tour.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jun 20 2018, 3:37 pm
Thanks for the responses. Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics