Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Melania's raincoat not the best choice for Texas visit?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:08 am
amother wrote:
people are bringing their babies and children to the border illegally and somehow this is the US 's fault?
What do you think happens at borders any borders of any country?
they should leave them by the roadside?yes its heartbreaking

This is a thread about a jacket.

But since you asked - thousands of families have been flooding boarders of 'any country' - and entering 'any country' as a family in the past few years.

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:25 am
amother wrote:
This is a thread about a jacket.

But since you asked - thousands of families have been flooding boarders of 'any country' - and entering 'any country' as a family in the past few years.

We can absorb thousands of families without hurting our poorest. We have millions of families coming. There is no way this doesn't hurt our own.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:30 am
Squishy wrote:
We can absorb thousands of families without hurting our poorest. We have millions of families coming. There is no way this doesn't hurt our own.

Ok. Also not on point about the jacket - or the question/remark about "any country".

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:36 am
amother wrote:
Ok. Also not on point about the jacket - or the question/remark about "any country".

We are both not on point. Back to the jacket.

I love the jacket. I tried to order it today. I can't find it on the website. Anyone know where I can get one?

I also love the Zara dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:40 am
Squishy wrote:
We are both not on point. Back to the jacket.

I love the jacket. I tried to order it today. I can't find it on the website. Anyone know where I can get one?

I also love the Zara dress the Duchess of Cambridge wore.

Some article reported that the jacket was from last year's collection.

You'd wear a coat that looks like it has spray paint on it?

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:46 am
amother wrote:
Some article reported that the jacket was from last year's collection.

You'd wear a coat that looks like it has spray paint on it?

They should make another run of that coat.

I wouldn't normally wear one. Since I can't have it, I guess my rebellion is quashed before it began. Sad

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 12:58 am
Squishy wrote:
They should make another run of that coat.

I wouldn't normally wear one. Since I can't have it, I guess my rebellion is quashed before it began. Sad

Nothing to stop you from purchasing a can of paint and a spring coat.

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 1:08 am
Very tone-deaf.

For the record, I hate clothing with obnoxious sayings splashed across them. I don't know how many times I've spied a nice casual dress for my daughter on a clothing rack, only to find some tacky, unintelligible glittery words emblazoned across the chest. Uch.

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 6:05 am
amother wrote:
Nothing to stop you from purchasing a can of paint and a spring coat.

It wouldn't have the same effect. I want to show I stand with Melania learning how dishonest the fake news is.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:09 am
Squishy wrote:
It wouldn't have the same effect. I want to show I stand with Melania learning how dishonest the fake news is.

Has it been established as fact that she wore the jacket for that or any reason?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:12 am
Squishy wrote:

I don't get the whole thing. Are the news reports about her pushing her husband to 'fix' the problem at the border fake news? Or was she was relying on fake news which prompted her to talk to her husband about 'fixing it'? If its 'fake news' why did she even go there?

Is it possible Trumps tweet was no more than brilliant strategy?

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:13 am
southernbubby wrote:
Has it been established as fact that she wore the jacket for that or any reason?

The president doesn't lie.

anon for this

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
The president doesn't lie.

Indeed. Also, we have always been at war with Eastasia.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:31 am
dancingqueen wrote:
How could she and her staff all have thought that was an appropriate jacket? It does come off as purposeful which is disturbing.

There are a few possibilities:
1. They were careless.
2. They did it deliberately.
3. They did it deliberately but weren't addressing the immigrants but the press who made such a stink out of her stilettos.

All the possibilities I can think of. And if any of them are true, her staff is not up to par. Because even if it was 3, they should have thought of the greater contextual optics. (Not that I want to see anyone lose his or her job, I really hope not. Give them one more chance.)

tachles

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 9:44 am
Intital reaction when reading thread title I really don’t care (what she wore )do you?
Imagine my surprise when I saw the picture.
Yea, that was a very poor choice.

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
I don't get the whole thing. Are the news reports about her pushing her husband to 'fix' the problem at the boarder fake news? Or was she was relying on fake news which prompted her to talk to her husband about 'fixing it'? If its 'fake news' why did she even go there?

Is it possible Trumps tweet was no more than brilliant strategy?

Is your statement an ends justify the means approach? It is ok to lie and manipulate the public for a good cause?

Personally, I liked the days when the press had integrity. This current free for all reminds me of the press before I was born.

gamanit

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:09 am
I think she really doesn't care. About anything. She didn't ask to be first lady. She just wants to have a chance to be herself without millions of eyes staring at her. She doesn't look very happy to me.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:09 am
Squishy wrote:

Personally, I liked the days when the press had integrity. This current free for all reminds me of the press before I was born.

Very Happy
Do you have more memories from before you were born? Can I PM you? I have like loads of questions!!
Wink

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:22 am
amother wrote:
Very Happy
Do you have more memories from before you were born? Can I PM you? I have like loads of questions!!
Wink

No. I have knowledge of history.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 10:44 am
Squishy wrote:
Is your statement an ends justify the means approach? It is ok to lie and manipulate the public for a good cause?

I didn't make any statements other than "don't get the whole thing". Which of my 'statements' are you referring to?

I don't think anybody should be lying.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics