Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I never heard of snowplow and teacup parenting

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 4:36 pm
Snowplow parenting: plowing every obstacle to success out of the child's way so that the child wins regardless:

Get out of the way, Tiger Moms and helicopter and free-range parents! ... The “snowplow parent” is defined as a person who constantly forces obstacles out of their kids' paths. They have their eye on the future success of their child, and anyone or anything that stands in their way has to be removed.Jan 14, 2015

Teacup Parenting: sheltering the child to the extent that he or she could never withstand real life, like a fragile teacup:

http://smartcollegevisit.com/2......html

OutATowner

Post Fri, Jun 22 2018, 7:26 pm
And what do you call a healthy medium- band aid parents? Ok to let your kid make mistakes but you'll be there to give them a kiss and help them get up.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 1:10 am
OutATowner wrote:
And what do you call a healthy medium- band aid parents? Ok to let your kid make mistakes but you'll be there to give them a kiss and help them get up.

I really like this. What an inspirational way of looking at parenting. I want to be a band aid mom.

tf

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 1:50 am
OutATowner wrote:

I guess it's called" healthy medium band aid parenting". If everything needs a name? ! LOL LOL LOL

OutATowner

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 10:57 pm
Not just a name, but everything needs an acronym. So we'll be the HeMBA moms Wink

tf

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 11:57 pm
OutATowner wrote:
Not just a name, but everything needs an acronym. So we'll be the HeMBA moms Wink

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 12:07 am
OutATowner wrote:

I've always called it "Safety Net" parenting. I don't know if I made that up, or if I heard it somewhere, but I like it.

Let your kid practice balancing on the high wire, but be there to make sure that when they fall, you will catch them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics