Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Am I too sensitive or was it a breach of trust?
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 2:43 pm
rmbg wrote:
I would call the organization and tell them!! This is a major breach of confidentiality.

Call the organization about what?

The landlord is the one who spoke about it.

Just because guest happens to work at said organization doesn't make him at fault for her landlords gossip.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 3:02 pm
How dare they. Its a complete breach of trust, of personal information and its probably against the law according to data protection act. I would contact the organization and warn them that you might take legal action if they dont discipline the said individual who spoke about your information. I have infertility and I have a key worker from an organization who I speak to about our treatments etc. If they were ever to discuss my information in front of me/anyone else I would be mortified. I think I would threaten with legal action as well even if I never brought them to court.
So sorry op that you had to go through this. Infertility is hard enough. Hugs Hug Hug

lilly_de

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 3:39 pm
that's so wrong and not acceptable. I would totally inform the organisation

Metukah

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 4:00 pm
lilly_de wrote:
that's so wrong and not acceptable. I would totally inform the organisation

And tell them what?

'My neighbour who referred me to your organisation, told someone from your organisation all about us?'

They can't do anything about the neighbour and the guest is not to blame. Just the fact that op was sitting there probably made the guest assume they were okay discussing it. Off course op wasn't.

OP you are not too sensitive. Your landlord totally crossed every red line there is.

The only thing you could do is tell your landlord that it really hurt and upset you and you prefer he doesn't bring it up again.

Seas

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 5:55 pm
Of course this was wrong. And even though I'm not usually one for snitching and being an SJW, in this case you should definitely contact the organization. This is a terrible breach of privacy and must never happen again.

Metukah

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:01 pm
Seas wrote:
Of course this was wrong. And even though I'm not usually one for snitching and being an SJW, in this case you should definitely contact the organization. This is a terrible breach of privacy and must never happen again.

Did you read the thread properly?

What breach of privacy? The one who spoke about her (landlord, neighbour) has no connection to the organisation other than that he referred them. What can the organisation do?

Seas

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:03 pm
My bad. In that case you can either bring it up with the landlord or not, but certainly don't think that it's over sensitivity on your behalf.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Jun 24 2018, 6:51 pm
Total breach of confidentiality. You should speak to your landlord and tell him that your infertility struggles are a private part of your life, and you would appreciate his never speaking to anyone about this ever again. It probably won't help much, but it's worth trying.

This is why I try to keep my life as an Orthodox person separated as much as I can from my medical life (and for other reasons, from my work life). I not only don't want to go to Orthodox doctors, I don't even want to go to doctors who have many Orthodox patients. This latter is not always possible -- and in particular, for obvious reasons, infertility doctors /REs and ob-gyns have tons of frum patients in their waiting rooms -- but I try, in part by not getting doctor recommendations from my Orthodox friends.

Life is not one big bungalow colony or kibbutz. We have the right to privacy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette